The chair looks as beautiful in person, as it does in the photo. The width of the chair is actually 22 inches (not 26 inches, as the website says). As for seating area dimension, it is 17.5 inches deep (where chair back meets the seat to the edge of the seat). The seat cushion is quite firm, which I like in a dining chair. There were a few minor dents and scratches on the wooden legs, but not enough to make me exchange them.
I purchased this chair about two years ago for my high school aged daughter's desk. It looked great. She loved it - maybe too much! She sat in that chair and studied for hours and hours. Good news for her college applications, but not for the chair. The linen wore through at all the edges, and I don't mean a little. The foam is completely exposed now at the front edge of the chair, and there are little rips along the "arm" edges. Also, whenever she sat in it with wet hair, it left water marks on the fabric that were IMPOSSIBLE to clean (I treated the fabric with Scotchguard when I got it, but that didn't help). She did rave about how comfortable it was, though, so if you are not going to give it a daily workout, it is a nice, stylish chair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. didn't last
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accuarate
This is a very well made chair. My only beef is that the fabric on the seat is not tight and puckered after I got up from the chair the very first time I sat on it. Seems like i could fix it somehow, but it is a little irritating. The fabric is tight and well upholstered everywhere else. The color is a cool linen color, definitely not a warm buff, bone or creme color. Cooler oatmeal linen, I would say.
I was expecting more of an off-white, when the listing has it as beige, but it turned out to be a light grey. Still works for me though. But FYI! Nice, sturdy, came assembled. I love it. Had it for 2 days. It is linen, so cleaning will be standard, I'm sure, so I got the accidental coverage.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a little off
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, love it so far.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
the bulky chair at my desk was dating the room. this chair not only fits the proportion better, but it actually is more comfortable....so classy and neat looking. the nailheads in the back make this chair attractive from any angle. the upholstery will match just about any color scheme. the packaging well protects the chair and it arrived in perfect condition and in a very timely fashion. used it immediately and am thrilled with the "upgrade". The linen fabic seat does wrinkle a bit, but just tuck in at the sides and it's fine..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? just as pictured and described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. can't beat the quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? took a chance to see how this chair would work in an office setting and it's wonderful!
I ordered 2 chairs for the Heads of my dining table I think they are beautiful I can understand some of the other reviews saying they are a small chair because they are but it has the dimensions listed so I would think you should read the info before you buy, I happen to have a small dining room so it fits well for me.I would highly recommend.
This chair is of decent quality but NOT at the price they're asking. The chair color is actually grey, not beige. WHen you sit in it you can tell that the fabric is of poor quality and the cushions made some noise. A leg broke came off as I was moving it around my dining room. Overall, it looks beautiful (if you are going for grey) but I returned all 4 because I could pay another $$$ and get much better quality chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not close at all!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very lightweight, unstable, poor fabric quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The dimensions were correct but the color is far off.
Worst chairs ever made, linen were poor quality, uneven color, chair warbling on its legs, Stay away from this chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? looks darker and cheap
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor construction, chairs can't even balance on the floor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not really
This is an amazing chair and it very well made. It would rival any top furniture manufacturer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was suprised at how heavy and well made the chair is.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was perfect and accurate
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. This chair is amazing. It's sturdy with great quality fabric. The shape and color are very attractive, and the nailheads are a classy added touch. It came fully assembled without a spot or scratch. I am using it in my home office and it fits my ** desk beautifully. Just noticed they are twenty dollars cheaper and wish I had the room for a full set in my dining room. I would love, love, love to have more. Don't pass up on this amazing deal for a beautiful piece of furniture.
I purchased these chairs for a dining and living room. I am using four chairs for the dining table and two for accent furniture. They chairs are a little low. But overall...a beautiful addition to our new room. I am looking forward to having our first dinner party.
False advertised chair. 1) Color on box said Taupe. Not Beige. The color of the chair is more like a taupe/ medium grey. 2) Nailheads are poorly placed in almost a zigzag. 3) Stains on chair. 4) The fabric is 100% Polyester. I called to ask for the right chair to be shipped. I ended up with two of the same wrong chairs. The ended up shipping the right chairs. There is no beige. The chair is taupe. Thankfully the customer service at Overstock is amazing and they've been proactive at trying to fix this situation.
I bought 6 chairs for my dining room. At the time, the dining room was rarely used so they looked beautiful. They were great for occasional use. Would not recommend regular/daily use as the fabric began to pull apart and expose the cushion. I made the mistake of having them professionally cleaned and they were completely destroyed. We have children and pets so needless to say, the chairs had to be replaced with something more durable.