This is a really nice rug for the price and I am enjoying it! I really wanted creamy ivory background and black stripes but after reading all of the reviews I knew it was going to be more of a beige and brown combination. The brown and black woven together look great! I have beige sofas in this room and have mixed black and brown pillows on the sofas and it looks really nice with the rug. I got this rug to replace a very traditional oriental rug and I'm thrilled with the updated feel this rug gives my room. It's a great punch of style without adding a lot of color. I love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual colors are quite different from the pictures. It's really a beige/tan background. The dark stripes are not black. They are about 80% dark brown; the rest is black woven in with the brown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems to be good. Normal shedding for a wool rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is accurate except for the color.
I could not be happier with this rug. The color shown in the picture is not accurate but I think it is nicer in person. The picture shows a black and tan rug, the actual piece is ivory with dark brown stripes (I had determined this from previous reviews, and purchased based on that). It looks perfect with my dark wood furniture. The rug is luxurious feeling - thick and soft and lay perfectly flat from the start. I have not had any problem with the wool shedding as another review mentioned. The stripes are a different height from the ivory part of the rug (as mentioned in another review) but it doesn't matter at all. I love this rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the lighter color looks tan in the picture, it is actually ivory. the stripes are a dark brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
This is a really really nice rug. Unlike another reviewer here, I personally feel the variation in texture and color actually make this rug look classy and unique. The pile difference is not significant at all, like it would sound from the description. Color-wise its a teeny bit different than what you see online, but still pretty close, and I think it looks much nicer in real life. The 'ivory' is a subtle warm ivory/beige (threads of ivory and beige intermingle) and shines differently in different lighting, from different angles. The dark stripes are also threaded in a mixture of coffee brown and black- all in all the mixing is done so well that it's subtle, and variations are lovely. overall hue: warm ivory and cofee brown. The pile is thick and cushiony, really lovely to walk on barefoot, and the size is perfect too for our apartment living room. I'm really pleased with the quality, price and look of this rug, quite the bargain and definitely a keeper!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very similar, it's more vibrant looking in real life
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. top quality, very well-made! amazing bargain for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate!
I was on a hunt for a fun yet sophisticated zebra print rug. Boy did I find one! I love that it is not black and white but deep brown and cream. I couldn't have asked for a better fit!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellant
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
This rug has only tiny flecks of black woven into the darker areas. If you are expecting a black rug you will be disappointed. It does not appear in person as it does in the picture. It is a brown and beige rug. One aspect which surprised me about this rug is that the darker stripes of pile are lower and of a different texture than the beige stripes. This gives the rug a less rich look than if the stripes were all of one level and of the same piling. It also diminishes the thickness of the rug and I worry that its edges might be prone to curling. It is the more expensive of the two rugs I ordered, but the other #99884652 has a richer look and feel. It's a solid 3 in my book. I give the other a 4 1/2.
Love it! Heavy, elegant, thick, contemporary! I just received it this week, only two days after I ordered it. I'm using this rug in an old-world/eclectic master bedroom. The background color is a sandy-oatmeal shade and the stripes are dark brown. The sculpting is pronounced enough to notice when you walk...but it adds a nice 3-D visual effect and makes the rug distinctive. The rug gives a lot of bang for the buck and seems to be great quality. It laid flat immediately (I've got it on a pad) and hardly sheds. Shopping at Overstock is a pleasure! I bought and returned two rugs that didn't work out before I found this one...and the return process has been quick and painless. I plan to shop with Overstock again, soon!
I love this rug. I've ordered at least 4 rugs for our bedroom and sent them back (mostly because I'm picky). This one stuck and is now under our bed in our master bedroom. It's thick, plush, and soft to walk on. It is tan/beige (raised cut pile) and dark brown mixed with black (lower looped pile). It looks elegant and modern and grounds our room. My only complaint is that the bed hides too much of this beautiful rug! So it's possible that I might eventually move it to another room where the full pattern can be seen because it's really quite stunning.
The color is a great mix of black and brown in the stripes. The rest is a warm cream tone. It does shed initially as do most wool rugs but should subside with a few good vacuum sessions! Very striking rug! Definitely an eye catcher for any room.