I've used it for pasta sauces & soup bases from raw veggies, smoothies, and if it would have come with a booklet of recipes I'd try them all. It's still out on my counter since it arrived because I keep finding more uses for it now that it's fall and harvest time for so many locally grown foods I will enjoy this winter.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's bigger than regular blenders and much more power.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The design and mechanics make it easy to operate and clean.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate.
I did a lot of research before getting this blender. I wanted to jump-start my health regimen by making these green smoothies that I've been hearing about everywhere. I was disappointed with the costs of the Vitamix and Blentec blenders - so I started doing even more research to find something that was gong to be powerful enough to blend whole fruits, ice, and plenty of green veggies. I came across the SVP blender on Overstock.com, and despite having little reviews, I bought one. I've been using this blender at least 3 times a week to make my smoothies. I make huge batches that last me for about 2 days. This blender will pulverize anything you put in it - all in about 30 seconds. I don't even know what the other buttons do - I just press the 30 seconds button and I have Jamba Juice quality blends every time! It's been about 3 months now, and so far, so good. Here's a tip: It doesn't mention it in the manual but there's a "RESET" button in the back of blender unit. If you accidentally press this (like I didn't several times in the beginning), the blender will stop right in the middle of the job and shut down. If this happens, press the button again and the machine will come alive. So be careful not to accidentally touch this button! It's a powerful unit, so if you have old wiring in your house like I do, then don't run the microwave or other major electronics in the kitchen at the same time. If the blender does have a shortage - then you would press the "RESET" button at the back of unit and you should be good to go! This is my golden green smoothie recipe (use organic whenever you can): 1 banana, 2 stalks of celery, 1 green apple, 1 green pear, 5-6 ice cubes, 2.5 cups of cold water, 2 handfuls of spinach. Always dice the ingredients and rough-chop your veggies - oh, and discard seeds and core. Put everything in the order listed above in the blender and set for 30 seconds. I suggest using young spinach leaves - the older leaves have long stems which, I believe, wraps around the blade and causes the machine to short-fuse.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Commercial Grade
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate Description
I was actually looking for a VitaMix blender when I cam across this one. It had more horsepower and was less than half the cost. I just started getting into drinking green smoothies and wanted something I could put the whole fruits and vegetables in, and this is it! It's also great for sauces and soups, too. It's a huge machine for a blender, but the performance and quality are well worth a little bit extra counter space. I can't say enough about how great this product is.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Meets expectations.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Commercial grade quality, excellent!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Meets expectations.
I was surprised at the quality and easy maintainance. I was extremely happy at the low noise output. It was extremely fast and handled the toughest foods easily. I was dissappointed with the instruction manual. I had to figure out how all the speeds worked my self as the booklet didn't seem to correspond with the buttons on the machine.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same as represented
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very high quality. Durable and well made. Easy to clean.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I love this Commercial Blender to compare to the one I had before(just normal one). I was so glad to decide to buy this.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I like the high HP and high watt.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly site said
I bought this blender a year ago and now when the jug broke, I was told my their customer service that don't sell replacement jugs. I am stuck with a blender I cannot use now. i am beyond mad. Hundreds of dollars wasted and customer service that is horrible. How can a blender maker not sell replacement blender jugs? It is beyond crazy
I enjoy using it makes simple work of anything. Well worth the money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It really is very good quality and it makes using it a pleasure
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
I also was looking for a smoothie maker but didn't want to plunk down $400 on a Vitamix or the like. This blender is equivalent in power and capability. I don't know all the bells and whistles on the Vitamix, but if you are looking for a simple, powerful blender at a reasonable price, this blender does just fine. The only thing is that it doesn't come with any usable instructions. The instruction pamphlet has obviously been translated from another language than English and some of it doesn't make a lick of sense. So, I just filled it with water and fiddled with the buttons until I got the hang of it. I took a risk buying it, gambling it would do smoothies and it does great, so I'm glad I made the purchase and got a powerful blender at 1/2 the price of the fancier brand.