I purchased (2) of the 12 bottle wine chillers and am VERY happy! One for our home, one for a friend. We both agree that the taller, slim style is best. There is enough room between door and rack to store open bottles with a cork in them. It is very quiet and the temp is accurate. I do bump the touch controls on occasion due to their placement at the top of the door frame, but f you use the door handle that can be avoided. It's been about 2 months and so far so good. I may pick up a couple more for xmas gifts!
Unfortunately this product did not meet our expectations for longevity. The size, dimensions and function was great until last week when it stopped cooling. Even for a low end wine cooler one would expect it to last at least one year!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seemed good but stopped cooling in less than a year
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I've been using this for just a couple of weeks now, and so far, the wine coming out of the fridge has been at the perfect temperature. There's a digital temperature display that holds the 55 degrees I've set it to fairly well. Occasionally it goes up or down by 1 degree, but give it some time to come back to the right temperature. Because this is not a full-fledged kitchen refrigerator, and because it uses a quiet, energy-efficient cooling system, it does take a little bit of time to adjust to temperature changes in the apartment (like, if we run the heater in the apartment, the temperature in the wine fridge may go up 1 degree, for just a little bit until it compensates and brings the temperature back in line). It is difficult to put some wider bottles in the fridge; however, i only had an issue with a bottle of champagne, which is really wide, and 1 larger width bottle, which just slightly hit up against the rack above. The champagne did fit as well, but no other bottle could go on that rack. This is the "price" you pay for getting a small wine fridge. Aside from those 2 bottle issues, I currently have 12 bottles of various Italian and French wines in the fridge, and they all fit without any issues, and these are pretty nice bottles of wine. So I'm very happy to have those bottles kept in the right environment. I would say this is perfect for someone with a small apartment and a growing budget for wine.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
We were very pleased when this arrived. Then we plugged it in. And the temperature went to 62 degrees in about 7 hours. Well, that wasn't good, because it was empty. So, I moved it to a different spot in the house where it was completely dark, no sun was coming in and it was under an air conditioner. Also very inconvenient . And the temperature went all the way down to 60. Yay. Wine never really got cool to the temp we wanted, so I called Overstock and within minutes, had a label to send it back The rep said that it seemed we had gotten a defective one. So, we're back to old school cooling in the refrigerator. And we remain totally impressed by Overstock customer service.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Below average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This wine cooler is the perfect size for narrow spaces, and a great alternative to the boxy coolers. Although I haven't tested it with a separate thermometer, it appears to hold the temperature very well. It is very quiet and has a nice sleek look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Completely accurate
This is the same wine cooler I purchased several years ago. I got this as an additional cooler because the ideal temperature for reds and whites are different and it was difficult to keep the temperature right on the number that was the high end for the whites and low end of the reds. (The temperature varies slightly with different temperatures outside the cooler.) The cooler is small enough that it can be tucked away, yet looks good enough that it could be displayed in the right location. The older cooler survived a move recently with no problems, a further example of its durability.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is excellent quality, with a very streamlined look.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was the same
Although it doesn't stay at the desired temp always, I do think this little wine fridge is doing it's job pretty well. It's very quiet and my reds stay at a pretty desirable temp. The bottom shelf has no rack so is a little awkward and any larger than standard bottles may be difficult to fit, but one wouldn't really chill whites in this anyway. It's best for reds. I do wish I'd have found and bought a taller version of this that held more bottles. But alas, I did not. Yet. All in all, a pretty good deal.