Well, the size is definitely why I made the purchase, but the handles are cheap plastic, they look like they'd melt in a second if got too near the heat. The lid, althought nicely domed is very cheap, like something you'd get from a 99 cent store to cover your food. The weight of the wok is nice for the size, however the wok is not nearly as this as my calaphon. The box no instructions included, just says to clearly NOT use anything but wooden, bamboo or rounded spatulas and they give you a metal 'FREE" spatula w/ the wok which I would never consider using, would scratch it to peices. Half of the box is in Chinese. Looks like only a year warranty. I would pass on this and keep shopping if I had to do it over again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Unfortunately this Wok doesn't scream quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? For the price, I hoped the wok would compare to my old Calaphon hard-anodized wok
THe only problem with this is how big it is. It's difficult to clean because of the size. But we needed a large wok and are thrilled with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? huge wok
This wok replaced an older one I had that I never really liked. I am mostly happy with this one, with only one minor exception. It rocks around on the stovetop when I'm stir frying, making it necessary to have someone hold the handle to stabilize it. When I am using the wok there are always other people around so it's not a big inconvenience