This rug is very rich and beautiful, thick and plush. Nice to walk on--barefoot. The rust is more like brick, that is a grayish hazed red brick color; yes, it is not orangy nor red. The lines throughout that appear quite light on my screen are not as prominent in person, which I like. A word to people that have a problem with shedding. Do not vacuum your new rug for four (4) weeks. This time is needed to "walk the rug in," in other words, so that the pile can settle. Also, fashionable high power uprights are likely to pull out fibers, please use a pull-behind-you canister type vacuum, these are more gentle on those nice wool rugs. Finally, I very much appreciated overstock's customer service team and service, they helped me return an wrongly ordered item (on my part) which allowed me to order this really nice rug. I am very happy.
I adore this rug. I intended to put it in my living room, but there was too much blue in the rug for it to work in that room. However, I needed a rug in my dining room and the blues matched perfectly. The blue is like a dusty blue. It's a really pretty rug. I prefer the actual rug to the photo. Predominant colors are muted red, dusty blue, some cream and a bit of burgundy. I do love this rug. I am very happy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? There is more blue in the rug than the photo shows. But that worked perfectly for me.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
As previous reviews have stated, the color in the picture doesn't quite look the same as in person. Expecting that, I was pleasantly surprised that it was definitely not pink, but more like a light red. Definitely not orange-ish, though, if that's what you're looking for. The colors are rich and the pile is pleasantly thick. It does shed quite a lot the first few weeks, but thorough vacuuming takes care of that. The dimensions of the rug are not exactly 8' x 10', but 7' 9" x 9' 9" instead. It is what I expected and more. I love it! It definitely adds that pop of color without commanding your immediate attention when you come into the room. Also, there are a lot of colors within the rug to play off of to truly make your design come together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As previous reviews have stated, the color in the picture doesn't quite look the same as in person. Expecting that, I was pleasantly surprised that it was definitely not pink, but more like a light red. Definitely not orange-ish, though, if that's what you're looking for.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It is not exactly 8 x 10, it's 7' 9" x 9' 9", I believe.
I've had this rug for almost a year and my family and I enjoy it. It's very soft and thick and the colors and design are great. It shed a lot in the beginning which was kind of annoying. It stopped shedding a while ago, but that's the only reason it didn't get 5 stars.
I ordered this rug after reading other reviews, and decided everyone's description of "brick red" or "pinky brown" color description was something I could live with. Unfortunately, the rug I received was not rust, brick red, or pinky brown, it was more of a purple-burgandy color. Unfortunately, I had to return the rug (and pay the $31 return shipping expense). Although this is a high quality rug, only order it if you are just starting to decorate a room and can build it around whatever color rug arrives because it appears the item description and the rug you receive very well will not match.
I love the pattern, the quality, and was reasonably satisfied with the price. The color, however, is not even close to rust and ivory....in fact there is no ivory at all in the rug I received. It is brown on brown, and being returned. Hugely disappointing because it is a nice rug, but the colors are not at all close to what was advertised, even accounting for differences in screen colors.
I ordered this same rug in the next larger size (9'6" x 13'6") and the description of the rug is "Morris Orange". There was no orange in the rug. It's more like a dark rust, almost with a purple cast. With blue accents. The quality of the rug is what I expected -- wool with cotton backing -- and thick enough that we will not use a pad. The online help was very pleasant; we should have asked more pointed questions about the color. We are keeping the rug. The price was great. However, I am using a different paint color on the walls since there is no orange in this rug at all.
The main background color of the rug is certainly not a rusty red, more of a deep pinky brown (I mean that in a nice way, it's lovely), and the pale linear elements are darker than ivory, I'd call them tan. The other colors in the rug, especially the slate blue flowers, are really rich and multi-dimensional in person. The rug is thick and soft and feels great underfoot. The design seems to work really well mixed with other patterns -- I have this in a room that also has a more traditional Persian carpet and the two rugs look great together, which I wasn't sure was going to happen. It does shed quite a bit, but after a week or two of frequent vacuuming it does seem to be slowing down, so I don't think that's going to be a long term problem. We bought the rug both for looks and to add a bit of sound insulation, and it's been great on both scores. As long as you're okay with the main color NOT being rust, then I think it's a good bet!
The rug arrived very promptly--a day early, in fact. It wasn't packed as well as other rugs I've ordered, one of the rolled ends was a little crumpled, but it unrolled just fine. I was THRILLED when I unrolled the rug. This was the second rug I purchased for our family room (the first rug was the wrong color and I returned it to Overstock) and it was a little more than I wanted to spend, but it was worth it. It's a classic rug and the main color is a muted brick (darker than the Overstock photo shows) and it has accent colors of wine, sage, root-beer brown, dusty blue and gold. Our room has light grey/blue walls and this looks stunning on our chocolate-brown wood floors. The rug is tight, soft underfoot and plush. It will be perfect for our toddler to play on. I would highly suggest this rug to someone that is looking for a plush, quality rug that will be in style for a very, very long time.
This rug works perfectly in my living room - had been looking for awhile & very happy with this one
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Didn't match online color but did match what other customers said so worked for me
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good other than the color
I ordered this rug because I was looking for something rust/orange. The description says rust, but the rug is actually burgundy. It is a beautiful rug and I kept it a week trying to decide if it was worth changing my color scheme. Ultimately I sent it back (Overstock was great!) and ordered another rug that I truly love. If you are looking for something with burgundy/red, this would be a great choice and value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Burgundy; not rust.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate
Great rug and have already shown and recommended Overstock as a go - to rug destination. The ability to ship back and return if there are any problems is fantastic. If you are hesitant to buy sight unseen then a standing store is for you, but I haven't been disappointed with O.co yet!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? When I read rust, I think brownish red that brightens with direct light.... you know, the color of actual rust. This was perfect. I can see how other purchasers that relied upon the color matching the photos might be disappointed, I figured there was a flash used and well, it would be darker than actually purchased! It is great, perfect for my room and furniture and again, I am completely satisfied with my purchase from O.co!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality, soft rug. Does pill but that is the fibers wearing in, so once I get beyond the first few weeks of it, I am sure it will be fantastic... gets softer as it 'sheds'
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on.
The Colour is not rust it is more a winey purple colour - if you must have rust this will Not FIT THE BILL
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? NO
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other than the Colour it was very accurate
This is a thick, soft wool rug. It has hardly shed at all and is heavy (I bought a pad but don't think I needed it). The pattern is vibrant and clear. The background color is brick, not rust, with a slightly pink tone in direct sunlight. In indirect light the background looks brick red. Very pretty rug and an incredible value for the money - at least half the cost of any wool rug of this size that I could find in a store. Great job overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was off - it is a brick red with a slightly pink tone.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality - thick and soft rug. Laid completely flat almost immediately. I bought a pad but think I could have gone without it because of the weight of the rug. Beautiful pattern - it really brightens up the room.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate.
After reading other reviews of this rug I knew the color was very suspect. But I was looking for a more burgundy rug so I thought I'd give it a try, knowing it could be returned. I really love the pattern of this rug. Although the rug was very nice quality and very pretty it was a little too pinkish for me. My husband liked it fine, but I kept thinkning "pink" when I looked at it so I did return it. I don't think it is "brick" colored as someone else suggested, at least not in full sunlight, it has a pinky mauve background. The other color I didn't like was a very goldish color in the areas that looked more sage in the photo. That really didn't work for me, I didn't want any gold. The blue however was quite true as was the burgundy parts. When I went to return the rug I was following the procedure on the computer and this item popped up "non-returnable" which gave me a scare. It isn't listed as non-returnable. So I called the toll free number and got excellent assistance in the return process there. No problem. I have already received the credit for the return minus the shipping charge.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Not at all.
- How is the quality of the product? Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Everything but the color
Love it! Love it! Love it! Ordered this rug on Sunday and it came on the following Tuesday, couldn't believe how fast it came. Colors are beautiful, as I was told from a previous customer it is not rust but more like brick red. The design is sophisticated and looks a lot more expensive than what I paid. It looks great in my room. I have now ordered 4 rugs from Overstock and I have been veryhappy with all of them.