Although it's currently in my living-room, lookin' good and working, it took some "unusual" work on my part to get it there, and there are some general design problems that I had to work around. The biggest problem is the EXTREMELY THICK glass on the light that hangs off the side. The weight of that makes it impossible to get that light any higher than bending downward about 45 degrees. Also, the whole at the narrow end of that cone that's the shade over the side lamp was not large enough to fit it over the bulb socket that it must be mounted on for assembly. I spent hours with various files trying to widen that hole without breaking the glass. Thank goodness that glass is so thick that it doesn't just crack easily, but the weight of the glass is why the product picture is pure BS. You can't get that heavy glass lamp on the end of a piece of flexible conduit to get anywhere higher than a 45 degree angle pointing downward.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color matched the picture, but it's impossible to get the light on the side in that upright position!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good materials, not properly fitted. Unless you're mechanically "handy", you don't want this.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description matched the product.
I don't actually like floor lamps, but sometimes they just work in certain spaces. This lamp is heavy, fairly compact, and puts off ample light with two 60w bulbs (the top lamp can take up to 150)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Photo and description were accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made, easy to put together, nice appearance
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Excellent all around lamp. Quality is above average. Nice glass shades.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color matches
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
This lamp far exceeded the quality I thought I was going to get. It was awesomely easy to assemble, the color is perfect, and the lamp shades and metal is far sturdier than I thought it would be. I'm considering purchasing another one for another room. Good buy especially for the cost.
I love that this floor lamp has glass, not plastic shades. I also love that it is much heavier than other floor lamps I have purchased in the past. The white shades are thick and contrast nicely with the dark base. The packaging was excellent, all pieces arrived in perfect condition, and the assembly was easy. The lamp is modern but not trendy, so it will look good and fit in with our furnishings as long as it lasts. To clean, I carefully tip it towards me and dust inside the top shade, and either vacuum or wipe the rest clean with a plain cloth.
This would have been a great lamp, BUT, typical shoddy Chinese craftsmanship (lack of) means the lower lamp shade does not fit, can't be attached, thereby rendering the whole thing useless. Desgn is nice, color is good, but what's the point when it doesn't go together? And lamps like this are almost impossible to repack and return, so it means we're out almost $**. Save your money on this one!
This floor lamp much better quality than the one I had prior. Assembling was easy and looks great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color matched the description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, heavy and sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate