I wanted to love this patio set, and I did for the first few months I had it. However, the wood is not very sturdy and is prone to splitting. You definitely need to seal this piece with a wood sealer of some type, as it is not truly moisture proof. What disappointed me the most is the degradation of the set when I examined it for storage in the Fall. After only about 4 months on my patio, several areas of the tabletop were split or coming apart. Similarly, a few chairs were splitting. I spent extra money to get a decent product, and I am very disappointed at the quality. I will try to seal the set again before putting it out in the Spring, but I am certain it will not last more than a few seasons. Do not make the same mistake we did--to get a quality patio set you really do need to invest a good amount of money. This set is not quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. rather poor
I would buy this product again or reccommend it to a friend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. construction is good although the fasteners are of a lesser quality than of American made. Some of the attaching hardware's allen wrench sockets stripped out way too easliy with moderate torque. The wood is of good quality but could be filnished a little better. Milled edges are quite sharp and could stand a little easing.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Very unhappy. Do not recommend. I have made many large ticket purchases from Overstock, and this was my first disappointment.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok originally, but changed quickly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not good. table split apart and so did chairs. I tried to sand it and oil it and it looked good for another month, but now looks awful again. Splintering splitting and looks 5 yrs old and is not even 5 months old.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
The chairs were very upright and the seat area is kind of small, making them not very comfortable for extended sitting. The wood is very rough, and I worry that the joints will not stay glued together. The hardware is not very strong - one of the bolts got stripped when attaching the arms on the chair. It is adequate, but I was hoping for a more comfortable chair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Rather rough cut and the hardware was a weak
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
very pleased with table and chairs. constructed very well, looks great on patio.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very well made and constructed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
We were looking for a nice wood table and chairs that would fit up to 6 people, but wouldn't take up our entire patio. This table and chairs are perfect and make a really good addition to our deck. It took me a little over an hour to put everything together (it was easier than I expected), and we are very happy with it. The table and chairs feels a bit light, but not flimsy, but that is not necessarily a negative thing. For the price, it's an amazing deal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
We received our shipment in two different packages super quickly. My husband said assembly wasn't too bad. He also sanded and applied a weather safe coating as our set will be in the sun 24/7. We've had it a little over a month now and it still looks great. We love that this set was the only one where the chairs had armrests anywhere near this price point. The quality is great. Highly recommend!
I have only had this table for a few weeks, but did my research before purchasing. The biggest complaint was that it weathered easily, so knowing this I purchased the table on liquidation for $*** (including delivery) and later bought a sealant to apply myself. I have had one dinner party so far and the table worked great. The table was actually larger than I was anticipating, so that was excellent. I will need some additional time to pass before I can report back on the weathering. The style and comfort is great, and assembly took a little bit of time but was not difficult. My only complaint is that one of the legs of the chairs didn't seem to be cut 100% right. I had no problem with the three other chairs, but the fourth one didn't screw in as correctly as the others and therefore become a little wobbly. It still works and was just odd because the others went together seamlessly. I would recommend this table for someone that is looking for a chic outdoor table but not a major long-term investment.
The patio furniture arrived on time. the installation is a bit challenge because of some defects on a chair. The customer quickly sent out replacement pieces and everything worked out fine. For $XXX, you can't fine a better deal than this. I love it.
First off, I'm not sure how much others bought this for but for me, it was on clearance and then I had a coupon on top of that. With free shipping, no tax (now of course I will declare the tax on all my internet purchases come April!), I don't see how it can be beat and comparable products (of perhaps less quality), seem to be in the 500+ range. So value can't be beat. Cheaper quality and used sets on craig's list were still around 75% of what I paid and gas and time to pick those up easily make up the difference. Look and feel: Aesthetically, the table and chairs look great. I've never purchased anything in Acadia wood but the grain and color are beautiful. It's got a personality like walnut and yet the hardness of cherry. It's not as hard as teak, but the grain is nicer. I'm excited to see it age a bit more but do not intend to allow it to completely gray (no rain, limited sun and keep it oiled). It's also well sanded and has a great smooth finish. Wood: In order to maximize the life of a wood like this, it will need oil. I recommend an oil that sets like linseed oil. The set comes already well oiled but it will still soak up some more. By doing so, I'm certain that it will not crack or split in any negative manner but may do so over the years in a natural aging that complements the set. Frankly, I think it will age just fine without this care but definitely will weather if left to the elements as woods used for outdoor furniture (eucalyptus, teak, acadia, etc.) are actually intended to do. I assume that the people who have left negative reviews may have paid a lot more than I did, may live in very dry conditions and did not think to oil frequently. Quality: Excellent. The construction looks really nice. Nothing is wobbly, the wood seemed to be put together with color and grains in mind. Nothing chipped, splintered and the fact that it was already oiled let me to think that the makers care about their product. Assembly: Super easy. Everything goes together very nicely, simply and it doesn't take much time at all. All you need is in the box but to speed things up, you could use a drill with the right hex attachment. The packaging was great and I can't imagine many folks will have anything showing up damaged. Pros: VALUE, size (much larger than the picture indicates), quality, aesthetics Cons: Chairs are a bit upright for lounging but perfect for dining and because of the arms, they don't slide completely under the table. Overall: No complaints. It's a very beautiful looking set and is exactly what we wanted and expected to pay at least $1000 for.
With two people, easy to put together. I was impressed with the quality and design of this set, which exceeded my expectations. It is beautiful and sturdy, and should meet my needs for years to come. It is also comfortable and the chairs are ample for oversized family members.
the set was delivered in perfect condition with all the pieces in good shape (really well packed) and all necessary hardware. the wood is nice weight, finished well and drilled properly for easy assembly (we did not even need the instuctions tho they seemed to be written so they would be easily understood!) the hardware was ok....not great but under normal weather conditions should be fine. scale of the chairs is slightly small but really comfortable even without our cushions. we were looking for something that would hold up well seaside and i think this may just do it! really pleased! great set for the price and should have longevity even tho it's not teak...but that would have be too costly for our rental unit...and this looks like it will be easy to maintain. we put a 7ish foot umbrella (used a med sized pot filled with sand for ballast) and it looks cute with the set!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. overall really nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact