This is exactly what we were looking for. It is a recliner that does not look like a recliner but definitely feels like one. I am a playwright who works at a desk while my collaborator works from a laptop and needed somewhere comfortable to sit for long hours as we work. (I just hope she stays awake. It is that comfortable). Orange is what I wanted for the pop factor but the deeper color is lovely and not something that makes the purchase any less successful, as I sort of expected that from reading the other reviews. Warning-if you are short or short legged, your feet may not touch the ground when you are seated. Both of us are tall (5'7 and 5'10) so that is not an issue, but a person around 5'4 sat in it and that was an issue for her.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? NOT orange- it's more of a rust with orange tones
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fantastic. Very sturdy and the seat and back are very padded.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? close; the reviews were very helpful
I've been looking for a comfortable chair in a not-beige color for months. Beige is so boring! But when I find something I like it's $XXXX! This chair is beautiful and so comfortable. The color is even richer and more beautiful than it looks on the website. The arms are a dark espresso brown. The chair reclines in 2 different positions. You do need about 2 feet of space behind the chair to recline it fully, so you can't back it up to a wall. I could sleep in this chair and I probably will. I've only had it for 2 days and I want to order another one to go with it. I can't decide where to put this one because I want it everywhere. I didn't have any shipping problems. They put 4 flat pieces of wood in the shipping box, one under each leg, so the legs don't poke through the cardboard. It arrived in beautiful condition.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looks a little richer/darker in person- even more beautiful than the website picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful soft orange fabric, perfectly plump padding, and polished dark espresso arms. If I pull on the arms side to side they give a little bit, but for normal sitting and reclining use, everything feels plenty strong.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The details were accurate.
The chair is right for our 5'9 and 5'11 frames. Does not take up too much space.We put it together in one move.The color and the fabric are great!The price was right.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is perfect,picks up color in my rug.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality,easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
This was a Christmas present for my husband. Delivery time was good, but UPS refused to take it any farther than my driveway. I had to haul it into the house. Chair is very comfortable. We snapped it together this morning and my husband promptly fell asleep in it for 2 hours. He's 5'6" and it fits him very well. The color as others say is rust not orange. Open the jar of paprika in your cupboard, that is the color of the chair. Not sure how long it will last with everyday use, it is a little wobbly, but for the price, if we get a few years, I'll be happy.
I was looking at these chairs on Overstock, and then went shopping and saw a couple in the stores and tried them out, comfort level is very nice, but when i looked at the price, i knew i would order one from Overstock as soon as i got home, same chair, price over $700.00, yes i said $700.00, how crazy is that, Overstock has great price's and you can-not beat the shipping, we live in a small town with no where to shop,( we were shopping out of our town) and i would order here even if that were not the case. If you are on the fence don't worry, mine came in great shape and fast. No damage to the chair like some others seemed to have, i think it all depends on your UPS guy, ours is great. I know some reviews said the material does not hold up, i think it depends on your household, and how much use the chair gets, for the price, i just hope to get a couple of years and i have gotten my moneys worth, not like if you pay too much for a chair and are stuck with it for ever.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a bit darker then the picture, but i like it that way, it is a great color, more of a rust, very nice
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. All in all seems ok, a little wobbly, not sure why, i think it can be tightend up, the wood, it very nice and the material is very nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate, just the color, but color is very hard to get an accurate picture of.
This is my first furniture purchase on Overstock. I was a bit nervous about having to ship such a large item back if I was displeased. I purchased this chair on a Sunday evening, and it arrived on Wednesday! I am very impressed that it came so quickly without paying extra for expedited shipping! The box was not damaged at all and there were no scratches on the wood arms or legs. I thought it was sufficiently packaged to prevent that from occurring during shipping. I like the idea of a TV recliner, but I despise their traditional puffy look! This one appealed to me because of its modern lines and no handle on the side, so it doesn't look like a recliner at all! About the color: It is a very pleasing color that coordinates well with my dark brown sectional and accent pillows that have some rusts, oranges, and reds. But like other buyers have noted, it is not bright orange like to photo on the site makes it appear. In fact, the fabric leans a bit toward "salmon" vs. "paprika" due to the nap of the fabric (like corduroy fabric when it is brushed in the opposite direction). I'm guessing it might also look lighter if you are placing it in a room with a lot of bright light. The light rusty/orange color works well in my room so I am pleased, but if you are expecting a bright orange, DON'T purchase this chair. My husband is 6'4, so the size of the chair just barely works for him. I am 5'10 and it fits me perfectly. The back slides into the seat easily. I did it myself without any tools or trouble. For the price, I think it is a good value. Most chairs I have seen like this are twice the price. I would recommend this to a friend UNLESS it is going to be used by someone who is extremely large or overweight.
The chair was left by UPS on my porch with no door knock or doorbell ring. Big gash in the side of the box but I opened it anyway once I got it in my house. My biggest concern was damage to the wooden arms of the chair but to my surprise, they were fine. Chair assembled easily and I was happy with the item until I removed the last piece of protective foam covering one of the legs only to find that a large chunk of the rear leg was missing. I found the missing piece and decided to glue it back in place instead of returning the whole chair. I thought of getting a replacement leg but found that it was permanently attached. I love the chair but I feel there should have been more protective packaging especially on the legs. If you purchase this chair, inspect it top to bottom before UPS leaves your house.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is not accurate, actual color is not as vibrant as the photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I had bought a recliner from a local store and once home, my husband kept telling me that it was not comfortable....mind you, he had tested it in person before I purchased it. I returned this recliner and bought the riverside paprika recliner.....sight unseen.........my husband loves it......everyone tells me that it not only is comfortable, but very stylish as well........love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is beautiful and perfect/more muted than in the pictures which is a plus with my decor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I loved the fabric and the style, more so in person than in the pictures
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? This chair is very comfortable
First purchase from o.co. Suprisingly fast delivery, with only a little damage to one back leg. It came through the bottom of the box. Assembly took 2 seconds - slide the back into the seat. I compared this to the Lane "Julia" recliner, which was 2X the price, and I can't tell much difference. Other reviewers of the Riverside Recliner were correct in describing the recliner function - the first foot rest position tilts the back to a slightly poor TV viewing position. A head/neck pillow corrects this easily. My husband is 6'3" and is pleased with the size of the chair. Very sturdy, but the reclining action is smooth and easy. Very comfortable. My kids are fighting over who gets to sit in it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A *little* darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This chair was the second one we received. The first was delivered damaged beyond repair. The second chair has a slight defect on the back of the armrest and some staples had been pulled from the trim. My husband fixed the staples. We like the color, the size and comfort of the chair, but are concerned whether or not it will hold up. Customer service was very helpful and efficient.
Recliner arrived quickly. Upon opening the box I saw that both of the curved arms had pulled out and away from the body of the recliner exposing very short screws that should have held it together. I don't know if the recliner was damaged during shipping - but I don't think so because both arms were simply pulled away from the wood. Because of the size and weight of the box I opted to just drill in larger wood screws through the arms into the body to secure it. Color and fabric are fine.
I wanted a recliner that didn't look like a recliner. Also wanted a "bright color". Hard to find, I must say. This chair was perfect. The color in the picture is really off but like other reviewers I love the actual color. It is almost a coral/orange. The fabric matches the Bella Chaise exactly, so if you want to see the real color of the chair, look at the Paprika Bella Chaise.
The chair is very comfortable--a firm seat and a soft pillow backrest. This could be a great napping chair! The paprika color is not anywhere near what is pictured here. It really is more of a salmon/rust color. It is a nice color, but if you are expecting orange, you will be disappointed.
I needed an accent chair for our living room. After three years in our house and two children I am finally getting to finish some rooms. This chair is a great color, but beware, most reviews say it is more rust than orange. I would slightly disagree. If you have it in a room with lots of light it is going to look reddish/orange/rust in that order in my opinion. It's a great chair though for the price. It looks like a chair, but it is a recliner and it is actually pretty comfortable. It is not the highest quality and my husband is afraid to sit on it, but for what we need, it works. If you want a decent chair as an accent that YES you can sit on, then get this. BUT if you are looking for this chair to be the most luxurious comfortable chair where you can curl up and read a good book on, it might be worth looking for something a little more plush.
This chair is not well made. It arrived with a bolt missing which I replaced. The fabric is stapled to the frame in a careless uneven manner. I thought about returning it but decided it would work temporarily. I will not purchase furniture from overstock in the future.
The chair as most mentioned is much darker, but I think the actual color looks nicer than the pic. Overall i have no complaints. The chair is very comfortable and the price can't be beat. Just make sure to check the bolts and tension springs underneath the chair. All four bolts were lose and one of the springs needed to be adjusted. The chair was packed pretty well, they probably just take a beating during shipping which jars them lose. I definitely recommend this chair if your in the market for a smaller, more modern style recliner.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The chair is much darker than displayed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. No complaints
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This chair is a beautiful compliment to our family room..love the rust color . Also love that it does not take up too much space as most recliners do. That being said, it does not accommodate a large person. My husband is 6'3" and the back does not support him. I am 5'4" so it fits me perfectly and it is very comfortable. Sorry hubby, it is mine now. Love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
This is a very comfortable recliner. I had read other reviews about the condition it arrived in, i.e. scratches in wood, etc., but mine arrived in perfect condition despite several holes in the box, probably from UPS delivery person. They tend to manhandle things. The back is very well cushioned and the wood is of very good quality. Very easy to put it together. Just two pieces. Once you get it out of the box, you just have to push the cushion onto the steel slides and snap it into place and you are ready to sit and recline. Again, like the chaise, the fabric is of excellent quality and appears very durable and easy to care for. The back is just a little short for a tall person, but if you use a neck pillow there's no problem and is very comfortable. You can go into a full recline without any problem, but it won't lock in that position and tends to pop back up if you don't concentrate on holding it there.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little bit darker and more of a paprika with orange tone.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.