I found this after searching high and low for a manual, dare I say, 'analog' timer with a magnetic back so it can go on the side of the fridge - and, I like it. A lot. And would buy for friends who also prefer timers like this. Some Details: *Wind timer fully back to 55 minutes and then set to whatever time you want. I tested it, and my timer is accurate. It is used in the kitchen regularly. *The bell rings about a minute or so 'before' the actual time runs out but continues clicking till it's done. My other manual bell timer did the same thing, and I wanted that 'feature' again so I'd have time to get to whatever it is I'm making right on time. This is a benefit to me, and I wouldn't want it any other way. *The ringing bell 'sound' is nice. Not too loud nor too quiet. My old was so loud you'd jump if you were right next to it! I can hear this easily, anywhere in the kitchen area and beyond. *It seems sturdily made, and I like the size. It's 2 7/8" diameter at it's widest (across base) so it's not really big. It's compact and a very nice size so not to take up too much room where you put it. And the retro look. Well, I like that. I have all sorts of high tech devices in my home, out of necessity and preference but I still have strong memories of my grandmother's kitchen and the stuff she used. Everything she had in there seemed to last forever. I realize quality level is down since then, but for heaven's sake, I want a timer that doesn't need batteries, isn't going to break down after a couple years, looks nice in my kitchen and works well. No fuss, please. And that's what I think I've got here. I'd be happy as a clam if this timer lasts half as long as any of the kitchen wears of previous generations. This is a great little timer, adorable retro look, accurate, manual function - to remind you when 'the time is up.' I don't think these are so common in the USA as I did search for them after ordering and found them more readily available in other countries - so I'd recommend to order now if you want one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? comparable - just fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
this is a very cool retro-looking timer, which i got to use in my office for work and exercise sprints -- you know, when i say, "i'm going to do ten minutes of stretching for a break" or "i'm going to work for 25 minutes on writing this blog." it's magnetic so it sticks to my white board and is handy. it works fine for my purposes, because i'm always in the room with it. it's not very precise, though, so you couldn't use it to cook a three-minute egg with any accuracy, and when it dings, it's not loud enough to get your attention if you're in the next room. If you need it for cooking or exact timing, get a digital timer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was as expected
I got this for my daughter who is in culinary school. She loves retro things. This timer is nice in appearance and accuracy. When the time is up, however, the bell time is so short that if you are not within earshot, you could easily miss it going off.
This little time is as Durable as those retro watch commercials; They keep on ticking! My daughter reached to grab the timer and she knocked off and onto the floor. it broke into 3 pieces. She put it back together and it still keeps working as if it was just out of the box.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
Great little gift for my friend who decorates her kitchen with the red signs for Coca-Cola.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. perfect for a timer
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
My kitchen has red accents so I wanted some of the smaller details to be red. I also have an older home so I wanted something that looked retro. This timer fit the bill. Although my stove has a timer on it, I wanted this timer for the look of it. I am very pleased with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? vrey accurate