After a couple of months it started rusting so my brother sanded it and painted it the same color. Over the course of a year he did this a couple more times and trashed it today. We love the color but it's too expensive to be considered disposable. I'm going to search for another one the same color.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quickly lost it's finish
I actually love this colander. The only reason I rated it 3 stars is because it doesn't drain very well. But it looks so good in my kitchen, that I use it to hold fruit on my counter.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product looks great, but water accumulates at the bottom instead of draining through.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We had to have a replacement for this colander, because the first one was damaged in shipping. I like the color, turquoise is my fav and there aren't a lot of items in this color. Not as nice as the one, I received 15 yrs ago, which had a porcelain coating, not paint. It's advised to handwash, if you don't want rust to form. Overall I'm happy with it. I don't use colanders THAT often, so this one should last.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to color shown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. They used to use colored porcelain, now they use paint.
I simply had to have this colander since it was in my favorite color, but more than that, I'm impressed by its size, vibrant color and quality. This item is beautiful enough to leave on the counter as a decorative item. My only disappointment is that it has to be hand washed ... oh well!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product was as described
Excellent Product! This is my 3rd purchase of Reston Lloyd Calypso BasicsTurquoise Colander. I was so satisfied with the two smaller that I have purchased and needed one large for cooking. Cleans well in the dishwasher too! You will not be disappointed with this product.
Although I thought this was a bit pricey, it matches my teapot and the turquoise theme in my southwestern kitchen. It holds 1# pasta very well and that will probably be the main purpose of it. It will also come in handy as a decorative piece to display fruit, vegtables, etc on the counter.
I like this colander. It's cute - the color is GORGEOUS and it seems like it will stay that way. The handles are a little on the small side, but it does look adorable on the kitchen counter with some fruits or veggies in it. It definitely goes with the whole retro theme I accidentally made in my kitchen! Also, it's hard to picture what exactly 5 quarts looks like when it has holes in it, but unless you have a family, you probably really do not need this big of a colander. I definitely don't.
I am very happy with my purchase and am glad I did not get a larger one! It seems very well made and is certain to last a good long time. I also like that it has a raised base on it so the water does not puddle under it when you rinse or drain food stuffs. It came with a tag that said it is not recommended to put it in the dishwasher - drat! Other than that, I love it!