the renate end table is big and high, if you understand measurements you will already know this but if you're like me, this review may help. The table (and the sofa table) are large pieces of furniture, and with all the dark metal, they really command a room. In a good way but more than our little living room could handle. In a big room though, they would be really stunning pieces, I loved them and hated to return them...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good, it was a little more faux weathered looking but the color was about right
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good, heavy and went together well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I have both this end table and the matching sofa table in my rustic chic home. Both are made of sturdy, high quality materials that have held up really well so far. The tables definitely have a greyish hue, so keep that in mind when ordering. Also, the wheels do spin on both tables. Both boxes came severely damaged, but the product itself was unharmed, even though the part where you screw in the legs was sticking out of the box when it arrived. I blame this on the shipping company, not Overstock, as most of my packages through this shipping company come damaged. Completely unrelated to shipping, the top of the sofa table came with a 3 inch scratch. I called customer service and they shipped a replacement part to me within a few days...excellent customer service! Overall I am VERY pleased with my purchases. Overstock has delivered quality goods and great customer care, as always. Thanks!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Dead on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, high quality product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dead on
Ordered this table as an end table in my den. I wanted something a bit industrial but with a look of wood also.. I also like having open shelves. This is perfect! Square shape and tall height makes it fit just right. Assembly was fairly simple. If I had room I would get another.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Heavy duty metal. Thick wood. Nice quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
My boyfriend and I put this together in about 15 minutes. Very easy to do. It goes very well with our furniture. Our style is modern but industrial. We saw tables that we liked that were like this but for a lot more money and were pleased with the look for a great price. I would recommend this item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Was just as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Was just as described.
I bought one of these to go between two chairs in my living room. It is an absolute breeze to assemble. I had my thirteen year old son do the assembly. The legs screw into each of the layers and then the wheel legs go on the last shelf. Done. Both the wood and iron legs are very heavy. I wanted a piece that would stand up to lots of use and this will do it. The wood is sort of trying to be a weathered grey but it has a tint too much blue in it. The legs are painted to look older and weathered and they look fine. the bluish color was distracting so I put a huge silver tray on the top for whimsy and it worked to make the table read less blue. It is the sort of table that you can find somewhere, anywhere to use it. It would also make a clever bedside table in a boy's room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is actually a more bluish brown that the sort of coffee brown pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. heavy duty
XXXXXXXXX sells the actual Dutch side tables for $799.00 which is why I bought these knock offs for a client. The metal is thick and sturdy and does not feel cheap. The wood top looks a little cheap in comparison to the real thing since it is a faux painted piece of plywood basically. I actually replaced the wood tops with strips of light real reclaimed wood and now you would never know this was not the real thing. They are def BIG pieces and take up a large amount of space, 24"x24" is actually alot bigger than you picture in your mind when it is a chunk of metal and wood! I honestly think the pieces are a bit overpriced still considering they are just china furniture you put together from a box.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color looks like the picture, but the wood is one solid faux painted piece of wood and is not individual reclaimed rustic wood like it might appear. I
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The piece is sturdy and the metal does not feel cheap which sometimes put tother pieces like this can so that was good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I got the whole Renate Brown/Grey set and its awesome. Better than the others which use crapper looking woods and metals. The wheels DO work, and its real wood and metal and heavy. Its super easy to build and comes well packaged. It has a slate grey weathered look that was painted on that looks okay but i wanted to the wood to come out more with a nature grain so if you wipe it with a wood polish the wood comes back and the grey paint rubs off. Looks nice that way to me, very happy.
I bought this to go along side the Renate Writing Desk. Both items are exactly what I was looking for, and I'm very pleased with them. I'm using the end table to put my printer/fax machine on, plus a desk lamp. Plenty of room for both. You will not be disappointed, very sturdy!