I love the table. It's very vintage looking. The only thing that bugs me, is the wheels don't actually work on it. Not a big deal, but when I tried to wheel it to a different location I had to pick it up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? same
I loved the table, but was disappointed with the color, it looked as if it the wood has actually been washed with pale blue paint and it just didn't work in my living room...I was looking for something more natural/authentic. That said, the size and style were perfect, so I bought a sander and sanded the table back to the natural wood color and then waxed it. It looks fantastic! This supplier should offer a version without the gray stain and blue wash!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is grey, blue - more blue that the image on my PC screen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall the quality is good. Natural wood, really solid
I like the design of this table. A very similar one is at an upscale furniture store for way more money. But this was damaged when I got it. Not sure if it got bent in shipping, or if it was an earlier problem. I tried putting it together anyway, since I needed to be able to decide if I wanted to try exchanging it. But the overall quality didn't seem great to me. I decided not to get a replacement, and just returned it. But you might have better luck. Overstock made the return process pretty easy. This table looks brown in the photos, but it has a gray stain on the shelf surfaces. So, it is brown and gray.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? There is no good image of the top, which has a gray stain.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Arrived damaged
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Need more photos to show color better
This is a fabulous looking table but it is not a rich brown as shown in the picture. It has shades of sliver blue, which I was ready for with the other reviews. If you are looking for a espresso brown which is pictured don't purchase this. It is easy to assemble but comes a bit dusty so wipe it down before handling. Also,lots of cardboard and Styrofoam which is messy. It is very heavy and the delivery guy said there was no way it was the weight listed. So if you think you might return it, you will pay for extra shipping. I have received tons of compliments and it is a perfect coffee table size. so many I looked at were so small, plus the under shelf is great for magazines and stuff.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? No- but I read other's reviews so I was ready for the color variation.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality for the price. Perfect coffee table size. Very easy to assemble.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dimensions and general description are accurate but picture color is off.
I bought this, the bookcase, and media console from the renate line. I assembled them all myself (I am a chick and these items are crazy heavy) over the course of about 2 hours. I assembled this table in 20 minutes while talking on the phone. (The media console took the most time because of a lot of Allen wrench work.) In my living room, my other furniture is trendy and colorful and the walls are a bright green, and this line offsets it perfectly. It is a very utilitarian style, but is modern enough that it stands up well to being accented with funkier stuff.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More brown than grey, but with a nice weathered look.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. In very good shape, no damage, easy and fast to assemble.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate. Reviews were helpful.
The table got great reviews so I had high hopes for this. The quality is just not there. The box came without instructions. One leg on the table was bent which made putting it together extremely difficult. The paint color comes off all over your hands when you put it together and also chips really easily. And the color is not brown or grey. It's a weird blue color. I do love the style of the table. The shape is exactly as it looks in the photo - it's just the color that is nowhere close to how it looks in the photo. I'm still holding out hope that I get used to the color because it costs too much to ship it back to overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Totally different. The table is extremely blue. It doesn't even look brown or grey but just a weird blue color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. legs are bent so putting together was difficult. Paint chipped off. Also coloring came off all over my hands and rug.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not very.
For $$$.and free shipping, this table is a really great value! The only drawback for us, was the wood. We were already prepared to expect the bluish grey tone of the wood from previous reviews, which didn't bother us. The wood is a medium dark wood that has been washed with a bluish gray paint tone to mimic old, weathered wood. We were just disappointed in the quality of the wood. It's real wood but it doesn't have the beautiful look of genuine, antique wood. We have seen the high end version at RH and were hoping to get the same look of reclaimed/antique wood. The table definitely does not have that look and we may just have to bite the bullet and order it from the high end store. Reclaimed / antique elm is very expensive so I don't really blame Overstock. We planned for the coffee table to be the focal point of our newly redecoratrd living room so we didn't want to settle for this. As far as the metal frame of this table, it looks pretty darn similar to the RH version. LIke I said, if you don't want to spend a lot of money for an industrial metal and wood table, this is a very good value. We knew going in that there was a chance that we would have to return it since it's so hard to make a determination from online pics. So I asked about the return cost in advance. It would be $$. To us, that is a totally reasonable amount and more than fair. We would spend much more in time and money on gas and driving around looking for tables. I've ordered many items from Overstock before but this was my first time returning something. They made it so EASY! We repacked the table and Overstock is sending UPS to pick the box up. Repacking was required a little work, but if you have a second person helping, it's fairly easy.
I really like this table. However, the color of the wood apparently varies greatly from table to table. My table was not brown at all, but was gray, with the gray/blue tones mentioned in other reviews. Also the texture was odd - a kind of fake weathered look I guess. Although I was hopeful for less gray and more brown coloring, based on the description and reviews, what I got could not be called unexpected. I do love the iron on the table, which has a great brownish color and rustic texture. Since the price was so good and return shipping would be so expensive, to remedy the wood color, I rubbed it with some pecan stain (I didn't want it too dark.) It was super easy and came out great! The darker color also made the odd texture much less noticeable. I am very pleased with the outcome and still think it was a great value, BUT when I ordered it, I knew that I would probably need to do a bit of work on the wood.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color matched the discription, but not the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I live in a small apartment in Chicago and this table was too big so I needed to return it. I did measure it - and I think if it was white or mirrored - it would have still fit. Since it is brown, it ended up looking like a giant eye soar. It was super easy to assemble. I'm a female and did it without tools in about 25 minutes. The table is not real wood or iron and you can tell from far away. It won't match existing brown furniture unless you put a finish on it. Overall, it's a nice piece for the value but I would only put this in a very big room or loft.
Bought this table for my new living room. It was very easy to put together. When ever I have guests over I am always getting compliments . It really goes well with my chocolate brown couches. It's really not made to be rolled around and it's very heavy .
Solid, sturdy, high quality piece of furniture. My only complaint (which I'd read in many other reviews) is that the wood is very much gray and not the brown that it appears in the picture. Fortunately, it still works in my living room. The size is perfect and it was incredibly easy to assemble. The exact style I was looking for and so glad I was able to find it for such a great price here.... was about to shell out double from a high end retailer.
I'm not sure what the table is make of but it does not appear to be real wood. I notice if I set something on the table it leaves a mark. Not a high quality looking table, it is sturdy but just cheap looking. I kept it because it was to much to have it shipped back.
We recently changed-up our living room and needed a piece that would compliment the clean lines of our new Room & Board Knox sofa. This coffee table was the perfect solution. It was easy to put together and is very sturdy. I bought this table based on other reviewers' feedback that the wood finish is more a weathered gray — and it is. It looks like wood that's been left to weather the elements. The bottom shelf is the perfect size to hold a couple of baskets, or in our case, a colorful, shallow dish. The combination of the wood and the dark metal legs (with casters) gives the piece a rustic, yet industrial, look.