I love it. It's exactly as pictured, sturdy without being bulky. The bulb it came with is an artisan bulb, unusually shaped with extra filaments, which is cool looking but weirdly yellowish and extremely dim. The max wattage allowed is 40, which isn't bright, but I think with a less yellow bulb it would be better.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I LOVE the fixture itself, and the bulb is cool looking, but very dim and yellow
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes
This fixture uses a 40 watt Edison bulb and basically provides almost no light due to the yellow/warm undertone. I tried to put it at my kitchen table and it was hopeless. I did find these bulbs in a 60 watt version but the fixture max is 40 watts. In addition I thought the frame wires were round but they are flat bars. It seemed to make it look cheap but it did grow on me after a while. I love the shape and really tried to figure out how to make this work, even considered rewiring it---but if you put a 100w regular bulb in here, with no shade to diffuse the light bulb, I think it would be hard on the eyes. The Edison bulbs are really nice. Great warm tone. Cool look to the filament, but not high enough wattages. I returned the fixture and Overstock was good about this. It was still a waste of time and shipping charges. The box was well package.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same, black with a brown undertone
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ?
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No