I shattered the glass pot on our *** coffee maker and decided to replace with a stainless steel set to mimic our new kitchen appliances. I noticed the Kaloric Coffee Maker and thought it was handsome, and when I saw a "refurbished" one I decided it was a great deal....I had read the reviews about difficulties others had with getting the water into the container....but this wasn't my experience. Using the coffee pot itself to pour the fresh water into the container, or the spray attachment for water next to our kitchen faucet, we find it works perfectly. Coffe is great, the device is handsome and the same coffee filters I used with my *** worked with the Kalorik. We recommend this refurbished (or new) Kalorik Coffee maker to anyone looking for a great coffee making device to blend in with your contemporary kitchen.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual product is true stainless steel color, which matches all my LG appliances...not a blue cast as in photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is very good and provides all we need.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This is the second Kaloric 12 cup coffee maker I have had. The other one was 4 years old and great, but it was bronze and I wanted a stainless steel one for my remodeled kitchen so I gave the bronze one to a friend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
Upon opening boxed item, I could discern that it was a refurbished item by observing very small details (little scratches on exterior stainless portion. Didn't quite have that brand new look that items fresh out of production have. However, the overall look, price and operation of the coffee-maker more than compensates for this. It is a beautiful piece on the counter, brews delicious coffee and is easy to clean. Only other detail worth noting: it's not a quiet machine.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? decent
This is a gorgeous coffee maker and makes a fine cup of coffee. It's sleek lines and tall height make it a unique and beautiful addition to my counter top. I also love the fact that the carafe does not dribble liquid down the side when pouring! Now here is a testament to Overstock's customer service. The first unit I received had a problem...the clock didn't work. Therefore the timer didn't work and the auto shut off did not work. Since my husband and I are on very different schedules, the timer function is a must in our house. I contacted customer service and literally within minutes I had an answer from them! MINUTES. Angela told me exactly what to do to return the defective unit. I received a UPS return label via email, re-packed the coffee maker and sent it back...no muss, no fuss. Three days later (it would have been two days but there was a holiday in there), I received my new unit in the mail and it works like a dream. I have always been a fan of Overstock, but this absolutely sealed the deal for me. BEST online service I've ever received...no hassle, no out of pocket shipping, just GREAT customer service and super easy with which to do business. A huge thanks to Overstock for great products and for great service if there is ever an issue!