I was a little disappointed in the different color - I liked the darker appearance online and the blue was much lighter in reality. The stamping in the middle of the pieces was poorly done on some of the plates and is blurred. The set itself is solid and sturdy. Overall I am happy with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the site was much darker than the set I received.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The glaze is fine, which I read in previous reviews was a problem. The set does have slight defects and do not sit perfectly when stacked.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate.
Don't thing that I'm not happy by the remarks I made. I am very happy with my dishes. They look a little hand crafted. I did have a problem that they sent me the wrong color the first time. But they where great about having some one pick them up and send me a new set. When I got the 3 sets I ordered one of the ferns where over to the side to much for my taste and the graze wasn't right on two pieces. I got on line and talked to one of there on line people and they were great. They got it all set to send me new pieces that I wasn't happy with. I'm very happy with the ease of getting thing right. I will use overstock again! I hope this review helps you to imagine the dishes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was what I saw in the pitcure. They do vary a bit from each other.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is not perfect. The plates are a little off shape then each other. The glaze might have a bubble where it is on the thin side. The fern isn't exacly center on each plate.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site did a good job with description.
I love the set, but it appears little care is used in detail. The blue is beautiful but varies. It can be deep and fades in and out, but it varies in depth of color by plates. Some even have more a spotty look vs smooth if that makes sense. I ordered 2 sets and the first box was more a 4 star. They had less color variation and blended better. Second box the colors went from darker blue fading out to lighter blue fading out and even spotty blue fading out. It also had chunks glazed over and all in all there seemed no real care was put into quality. I'd give the second a 1 star rating. Honestly I've seen better quality and care put into plates at the Dollar Tree with some of the dishes in the second set I got. As for durability I'm skeptical that they will be durable with a family with young children. They're a bit thinner and feel more fragile then you'd expect from stonewear. I should also note they took no care in detail to the fern. They're semi fuzzy and Not centered. While disappointed in the second set, I would recommend them if you get lucky in getting a set like the first one I had gotten. Zero issues with delivery and no damage from delivery.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Varies from dish to dish
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Varies
The dishes are lovely. The colors are perfect for a country kitchen. But we've been incredibly disappointed in the durability. We broke a mug with in the first 2 days and have had a total of 5 pieces chip or break in the two years since we purchased the dinnerware. I don't feel we are particularly hard on the dishes, we do wash them in the dishwasher and put them in the microwave, but they are supposed to be dishwasher/microwave/oven/fridge safe. My previous stoneware lasted 17 years with only one piece breaking. I only replaced it because I was tired of the pattern. I would not recommend this dishware for everyday use.
The last time I looked for dishes, it took me a year! Finally found what I liked at Pier One-even NYC didn't have what I was looking for. THIS time I found these on O in one evening and snapped at the chance. I am not sorry as they are subtle and muted and awesome looking, but they don't take away from whatever food sits on them....I like artistic, but not loud patterned dishes. They arrived in 2 days! I was shocked as I hadn't even moved in yet and there they were on the front steps! Highly recommend if you love nature, art and food!
I love these plates however I was disappointed that the leaf pattern wasn't centered in the plates. They must be "seconds" because it is quite noticeable that the focal point is not in the center of the plate.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The leaf pattern wasn't centered in the plates
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I rarely comment about a purchase, but I am very pleased with this dinnerware. It has been many years since I've updated my dishes and I am really glad now that I made this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as I thought
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful and lightweight. I was concerned plates would be too heavy, but they are great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate