As a professional food photographer, I feel that food really does look best against a plain background (I prefer white though I realize that opinions vary). Anyway, earlier this Summer I decided to spring for these and we couldn't be happier that we did, they are PERFECT! The lines are simple (no etched detailing, etc), the white is a pure and bright white, and these look quite delicate but are really sturdy. We wash them in the dishwasher daily and my husband has dropped a couple (from a small distance) and they're remained break- and chip-free which is impressive as we have hard granite counter-tops. The only issue I was confused about from the photo was the cup. It looked like it came with a little saucer but it's actually the smaller bread/salad plate. I love the handle on the cups, it's perfect for my hand as well as my husband's beefy hand and the handle features a lovely curve that's not unnecessarily flourished. All in all we are thrilled with this set. We actually have three now (we entertain quite often) and plan on keeping our super-simple white dishes for many, many years to come. Thanks, Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Even better!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Delicate-looking yet surprisingly sturdy. Seems to be scratch-proof, as well!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very. Thanks so much!
I tought white plates would be boring, but these look great on the table...very sharp. I am going to purchase more of this set.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match to what I had
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Light weight, clean look.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
These dishes are really really nice. I was looking for a set of dishes that was both light and easy to handle yet durable. I am pretty sure I found precisely that in this set. I do not own a dishwasher so these are hand washed. Very easy to clean, feels nice in your hands. sets a lovely table using a floral or contrasting color for a luncheon plate. If I did have a complaint it would be the lack of color/pattern choices. .Bottom line - I highly recommend these dishes.
Great set for the travel trailer or anywhere if you want simple white dishes , only negative is coffee cups are small.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Dinner plates reminded me of restaurant plates. All other itme were more like bone china quality. flat dessert/salad plates are too small and bowls are good for cereal , not pasta.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? arrived as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excllent quality. Dinner plates could have be more delicate and dessert plates cpuld have been laaarfer.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate.
I have seen Red Vanilla dinnerware in Home Goods but never a whole set, I was excited to purchase this because I love their products but I was very disappointed with the quality of this item. The only reason I havent returned it is because the return shipping is 50% of the cost of the item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color is a good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. terrible, not like Bone China, more like ceramic
This dish ware set is perfect! I know some reviews have not been fond of the vast difference between the dinner plate and side plate, but that just gives you an opportunity to get great accent plates. I ordered two sets and they both came packed perfectly with no breakage or chips.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Yes
Classic design, and very durable. Bought two sets for my uncle for a house warming present. He loves them and confirmed they are bone china. You can tell by holding up a piece in the light, if you can see through it, it's bone china. I'm sure he will enjoy for years to come!
I never thought I'd rave about some plain white dishes, but I really like these. They are very simple-elegant, and I actually get a lot of compliments on them. They feel heavy, but not too heavy, and the bowls are deep and hold a lot, which my husband loves.
Just remodeled our kitchen and sold everything so have been on the hunt for new set if dishes. Had some criteria, dishwasher and microwave safe, lead free and white. These fit the criteria and the budget. They are great everyday dishes and love that the bowls are deep. Works for pasta, soup or a generous serving of ice cream. One dish has chipped but that could be the small children who also use these everyday.