I bought an 8 pack of this fuel and 50% of the bottles I can't get open! There is a safety cap on them that doesn't work properly (I've had several people also try)....so I had to stab a hole through the bottle to get the gel out (thick bottle so tough to do). Gel burns very quickly, approx and hr of flame per bottle. I tried to find fuel replacement at a store, but can't find it anywhere but online. Does not give off heat unless you're standing right next to the fireplace. No carbon clean up though and no smell. Price is ridiculous for the amount of burn time you get...purchased this fuel for much less several months ago off this site. Not sure why it became so pricey?
I thought this was a good fuel- didn't notice an odor, burned about an hour in our fireplace, and did noticeably warm up the room- although it isn't a huge room. It is in our Master Bath which is about 300 sq ft. The only problem is the cost. I found it elsewhere but the price was no better. I'm hoping the manufacturers will eventually reduce the price. I would use it more often if it were half the price.
Love the flames we get in our fire pit from this gel, only gripe is that one bottle only gives us about 30 minutes of flames...the gel seems to burn really quickly. Our Real Flame branded fire pit requires us to use Real Flame branded gel for warranty purposes...but means that an hour sit outside costs about $15 in fuel. Love the product apart from this.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
You will go though 1 bottle per hour and the flame emits no heat. Very expensive to maintain on a regular basis. The idea of a fire pit it to gather around it and feel the warmth of the fire, well you will be stone cold huddling around a Real Flame fire pit because it does not emit heat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Burns too quickly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It didn't say how long the burning time was.