This gel fuel does just what the ads say: it burns, creating dancing flames, and it cracks and snaps just like a wood fire. It burns clean, with no odor and we have really enjoyed using this in a variety of fireplaces both inside and out. Since we don't have a "real" fireplace, we installed a wall hanging one and several table top fireplaces that all burn this gel fuel. The price at Overstock beats what I've found elsewhere.
I don't know why but the bigger cans have a prettier flame. This stuff is expensive so I plan on trying and buying whichever brand makes the most realistic flame. If you're going to light it, you want it to look right
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? well, the color of the flame is not as good as the larger cans
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine
i had tried a gel fuel from a home improvement store, and it left pieces of burned gel that i had to clean up. i didn't think that should happen!! so, i returned it and ordered overstock.com's gel flame gel fuel. i used it last night for the first time in my hanging fireplace in the bathroom. great!! beautiful flame, no mess. the only downside is that when they were delivered, several of the cans were bent, and one of the cans and its lid were bent so badly that the gel leaked out and was in the shipping box and on some of the other cans. so one was unusable and had to be discarded. i assume, however, that i can use the other ones safely.
Received the Gel Fuel we ordered promptly and without any problems... even though the order had been mistakenly duplicated. However, when I received my confirmation notification and realized the error I called Overstocked Customer Service immediately. I am happy to say they were very courteous, helpful and managed to cancel one duplicated order before it left the warehouse. We are extremely satisfied with the product, it works perfectly, and very happy with their service. Very grateful we did receive our Gel Fuel as ordered.
These cans only smell slightly. My husband can't smell it, but they give off a "clinical" type odor - Similar to that of a doctors office? Not quite rubbing alcohol, I can't quite put my finger on it. Again, it's a very mild fragrance. These are pretty similar in size to what you might see at a catering event, placed under food trays to keep them warm. This is almost exactly the same thing, except the flames here are much taller and wider. Makes a nice crackle sound but it does leave residue. Imagine tacky balls of ash? It's a little weird - But we had used this the flames 4 - 5 times before I noticed the residue
I was pleased with the price. Gel fuel I found other places was more expensive. I haven't used other brands so I can't compare the brightness of the flames or anything like that. Be sure you check the sizes of the cans compared with the size of the space they will occupy. My cans were actually too short for my wall mounted fireplace. I adapted however by placing two in the slot so they would be tall enough for the flame to be seen. Great for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? N/A
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Worked great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This gel fuel is great for having a small fire indoors as it does not need a chimney or any other form of exhausting from the house. It burns very clean and does not create any smoke. The fire is nice and hot and looks awesome when the gel is burning.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same - although it doesn't really matter with this item!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I purchased this product to use in a small stainless fireplace insert..........should work fine.easy to store.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ......ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ...Same as far as can tell.
This is a great product. I needed the junior size because I don't have an actual fireplace, I have a built-in bookcase with a cabinet on the bottom that I converted into a modern fireplace. The flame still looks good and puts out heat. It just won't burn the top of the cabinet like a larger size might. It's perfect. Great for a small space.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? just right
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect