This lamp is breathtaking in person, a wonderful surprise! What the product description neglects to mention is the iridescent quality of the shade, so in the daylight the shade has more rust red/sienna hues depending on the angle of daylight reflection. At night when the lamp is on, the shade definitely becomes almost a cherry red, with no hint of sienna or brick red. No matter. It's lovely on or off. The scrolled vine iron base is a work of art. I was hoping that the "bronze" base product description would have been more accurate, as it actually appears black in person. Overall, however, I'm in love with this lamp! It is a beautiful focal point in my living room!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The shade was more red in person. In the photo, it appeared more rust red.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The base was described as bronzed in the product description; however, it actually appears black in person.
We have had this lamp for over two years in our living room and it has been a beautiful addition. They are very lovely and go great with our cream colored couches. Very pleased with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality lamp
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Overall, a very nice and well-constructed vintage-looking table lamp. It has a nice art nouveau styling and beautiful red embroidered shade that looks good on or off. The metal construction is extremely durable has a wonderful patina. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
I couldn't be more pleased with this purchase. I use it on an island counter in my apartment kitchen. I put in a 3-way bulb that has a 15 watt low setting. At night, it's like a night lite with a beautiful amber red glowing lamp shade. Visitors always comment on how cool they think this lamp is.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy. Nice weight. Won't easily tip over.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
This lamp was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. I didn't read the size well enough, for a small table it would work.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Flemsy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
This is a very unique and beautiful lamp. I have it in my office and it adds a touch of whimsy and "Victorian" feel to the space. I love it. It's exactly what I was looking for and exactly as described.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality. The lamp shade is high quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The lamp is exactly as described and as depicted in the photo.
If you are expecting a bronze base, you will be disappointed. I returned the first lamp when I saw the base was pitch black and ordered a second one. I was promised the second lamp would have a bronze base. The 2nd base was also pitch black. After sending 'O' pictures of the base, they concur that the base is black. I have asked 'O' to rewrite the description of the lamp base so that others are not disappointed.
This lamp arrived undamaged. It was easy to put together and looked just as I'd hoped. It's very pretty, and the designs on the lampshade are lovely when the light is on. If I had room in my office, I would purchase the floor version, as well. My only complaint is that it is a little too tall to use as a desk lamp, and the shade is wide, making it not ideal for corner placement if you're a little low on space.. It sits on top of my desk hutch, and its proportions would really be better for a table lamp. That's my issue, though, not a defect in the lamp, and I like it so much I'm using it the way I intended anyway. I would definitely recommend it.
They are really beautiful but they just don't give enough light and I needed them from my bedroom that doesn't have a ceiling light so I had to move them to my living room where I didn't need them but I kept them because they are so pretty
I am very pleased with this lamp. I love the whimsical look and feel. The color is just as pictured. The gold on the lamp shade is actually embroidered on and I could not really tell that from the picture. Looks great in the room. Just the right height and size. I would highly recommend the lamp.