Mattress arrived super fast, was well packaged, took it out of the plastic and it "unfolded" fully, and very quickly and looks and feels super. There was a slight chemical smell (expected) that only lasted maybe 4 days or so, but it is fine now. This is a great mattress. I ordered the regular twin, not the xl twin, but I noticed that my mattress is an inch or so longer than I expected but I am VERY happy about that - It still fits perfectly in my regular twin bed frame, but gives me that extra inch or two in length that, honestly, all regular twin mattresses really should have anyway. Normally I find that twin mattresses look skimpy in length and way too short for the bed frame. Not this one! It is perfect. And, no, It is NOT an XL Twin, just a nice, slightly longer, regular twin mattress. Absolutely perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I bought this mattress for me son's college dorm room. It is excellent. The "prison type mattress" the school provides with each dorm room is horrendous. The mattress arrived within 10 days of ordering (even during Christmas season). Upon unwrapping it, it immediately took shape and was ready for use within 12 hours. Amazingly, it had NO chemical smell at all. Did not have to air it out for 1-2 days. Excellent buy. This is the second Memory Foam Mattress I have purchased from Overstock. Very happy with the company and the products.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
This mattress is soft, comfortable, and totally worth it. Delivery was incredible, it arrived within 36 hours of when I ordered it. Showed up in a compact box that was easy to carry, fluffed up immediately. Comes with a quilted pillowtop that is just wonderful, and a soft mattress cover that is removable. Lightweight but sturdy mattress, a great value, I highly recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? N/A
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality, supports weight very well but is still very soft. Lightweight.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
I purchased this for my daughter as she had an aging mattress that needed to be replaced. As it arrived, the mattress was extremely flat and less than 10 inches. Don't be fooled, it takes a couple of hours for the mattress to absorb oxygen as all of the oxygen is pushed out of the mattress when shipped, so give it a few hours to inflate/absorb the oxygen for it to be a decent mattress. Within a few hours they had placed it on her bed, and she absolutely loved it. In fact now my ex-wife wants me to order ANOTHER one for my son, and she's thinking of ordering it for herself because of how nice it is. All in all the mattress was a perfect choice and the price was fantastic. If I can get enough money, I'll be ordering yet another one of these for my son very soon.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The mattress was of incredible quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described.
The people who complained about the sell of the product must have super sensitive noses as I was not able to small anything right out of the packaging. Once you put clean sheets on the mattress all I could smell was clean sheets..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
This isn't your typical high quality Tempurpedic mattress, but I've been looking for a good deal on a memory foam mattress for years, and this was it. I read quite a few reviews before I hit the purchase button, and I noticed 2 primary complaints... Smell. This mattress has a slight chemical smell to it, but after putting it on my bed (I have a cheap metal loft bed because I live in a micro-sized apartment) I didn't notice it at all. Once you have sheets on it, it will smell like whatever it is your sheets smell like. Paying really close attention to the smell, it reminded my of art classes and the 'oils paint" smell. It was actually kind of a soothing smell since I took a number of art classes in my life, but you'd have to press your head against it to even notice the smell. Firm. I happen to like a nice firm mattress... my mom has a tempurpedic, and I will say right now this is far from being that soft. This is a very firm mattress, but it Does mold to your body, and it Does support you as you sleep. If you aren't looking for something a little more supportive, and a little firm, I would not recommend it at all. But if you like a little firm and you are sick of cheap saggy mattresses- this mattress is PERFECT. Also, it loses a little firmness after about a week (only a little), and I have to wonder how long other reviews that complained actually tried to sleep in it... Other things I noticed about the mattress that might be important.... - It's really heavy. Make sure you get help moving it if you ever need to. - In the instructions it says to wait until the corners of the foam are fully formed.... this never really happened in mine. Don't wait past 48hours to see points. - The quilted top has a zipper and appears removable if you think you need to wash it... but I wonder how hard it would be to put back on? shrink or no shrink. - My mom's tempurpedic made me sweat buckets, it's been fairly warm since I received it and I haven't noticed the same with it yet. I don't know how cold it will get though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ...there is no color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. New item.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
When we received this mattress, it came in a rectangular box that was approx 4ft x 2ft. So, of course, we thought there was going to be a problem. However, when we opened the box, the mattress comes with a beautiful white zippered cover and is very tightly wrapped into a spiral. So, we had to let it unravel and get its shape for about 24hrs. Next, we moved it into our daughter's room to place on her twin platform bed. I was worried that we would need to also purchase a box spring since we were using this on a platform bed, but, this mattress is so well made and of such good FIRM quality, there is no need for a box spring so you can truly make a box spring optional. This bed is being used by our 5yr old daughter, so I believe we will get at least 5 years of use of it. In fact, the mattress is so comfortable, I have slept in it and so has my husband. It actually sleeps better than our memory foam mattress that we paid $ for! So, regardless who you buy this twin mattress for, you will NOT be disappointed. (, Please remember it is very firm memory foam, so if you don't like firm, this will not be for you.)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. superb!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was modest. This bed is of high quality and an unbelievably great value.
Some reviews mentioned a chemical smell. It's been well over a month and the chemical smell from the mattresses is pungent still. I left windows open several days and can't get the smell to go away. It's winter here and that makes it harder to air out but with this much time it should have dissipated. I worry the chemicals will be harmful to my boys. I bought 2 of these for their twin beds. Wish I could put them back in their bags and ship them back.
This memory foam mattress was especially toxic after airing it out for two weeks it still gave me a headache and others in the house. Even zipping it into a mattress cover didn't keep the fumes away. Thankfully Overstock.com handled my concerns well. I learned that mattress chemicals are unregulated in the US and there are dozens of them in nearly all mattresses especially these made of petroleum based products. I have ordered a natural latex mattress with organic cotton cover instead.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. 100% polyurathane from China with unknown and unregulated chemical additives
Bought three mattresses. Was hesitant due to some comments on the smell, but with overstocks great return service I decided to give them a try. My kids love them, thier previous mattresses were Sealy Comfort sleep pillow tops. the chemical smell was gone in a week. The matresses are firm but comfortable. I have kicked my son out of his bed to give it a try and now plan to buy one for myself.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? as described
Unfortunately, I cannot give this mattress a good rating. It is extremely firm, no give at all. That in itself may be desirable for some but the fact that it is still giving off an odor months after purchase is not acceptable. All foam mattresses off gas but not for this length of time. I am hopeful this will end eventually, thankfully it is a spare bedroom and not used much.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks great, but...
I love this Mattress. It is a great memory foam mattress at a great price. The quilted top is a nice high end feature on a great mattress. The product arrived in less than 48 hours after order. It arrived in a vacuum packed package. I open the package and allowed the mattress to fluff up in a few hours. My son slip on the mattress the same night. There was absolutely no toxic smell in the mattress at all. The mattress is on the FIRM side for people who want a really soft mattress. So be warned! I like the firmness. It is not to firm for me or my son. I purchased the mattress for my 17 yr old son twin bed. He loves it. I am now an Overstock fan, The entire purchase process and shipping process was exceptional. I will be making many more purchased from Overstock now that my first order experience went so well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly The Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Matched Exactly
The mattress was exactly what I expected. It is very comfortable. The people on here saying the smell wouldn't go away. It's obvious that they didn't let it sit out for a day or two in a well ventilated area (I sat it on my screened in porch for a day and a half). If you do any research about these mattresses you would know that the smell is normal and is not harmful. Anyways, after letting it sit out the "chemically" smell was barely noticeable for about a week and then it was completely gone. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 (would give it a 4.5 honestly) simply because it seems to retain heat more that my old spring mattress and it was not expected. I've adapted by turning the A/C lower and the fan on.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Really good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This mattress was shipped in a timely manner and expanded from its packaged shape just fine. Its a nice quality and material but it is very firm. My friends that like firm mattresses love it. Overall, if you like firm mattresses its a good buy, if not keep looking for sure.
Purchased for my son, a bit of a gamble purchasing a mattress sight unseen, but the price was incredible so I went for it. He loves it! It is so comfortable that my daughter immediately wanted one too. Unfortunately they were out of stock so she will have to wait.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described.