I was disappointed in the way the color was depicted online. To me it looks like shades of purple but more solidly purple than what I actually got. When I received the rug, I said they(overstock) made a mistake. In person the rug is more verigated in color...more like a zebra effect of deep purple and white. Too bad because the style of rug would have been perfect. It was soft and looked well made but the color...all wrong! First time this ever happened to me with Overstock. Usually their products are very well represented.
This rug is very pliable, almost like a throw blanket. It is not meant to lay stiffly on the floor. I bought it knowing this because i am using it to break up the look of wall to wall carpet. I like it and it is very soft under foot. I would not recommend it for use on hard floor because it will move a lot and may even cause slipping!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little lighter in person because the white in it is more pronounced. Looks darker online.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I think it is very nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
You get what you pay for. For the size of rug, the price was very reasonable. The color is somewhat accurate; the white stripes are not very obvious in the online photo. The chenille fabric is very soft underfoot. My biggest complaint is the weight of the rug. I bought it for my daughter's bedroom to place on a hardwood floor. The rug slides and wrinkles easily, and is very difficult to vacuum. I will need to shake the rug out instead of vacuuming it. Compared to other woven rag rugs I have gotten, this is more like a thick blanket than a rug. I decided to keep it because I have not been able to find another rug of the same uniform color and size. It might work better if you are placing it over a carpeted floor as an accent rug, although vacuuming will still be a challenge.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? somewhat accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fabric is soft, but too light weight for a rug
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate