We had high hopes for this rug as the picture looked like a very elegant rug of various shades of deep purple that would look great in against our hardwood floors. Unfortunately, the color was not at all as pictured. The purple was not the deep purple shown. It was more like a lilac. The worst part is that there were yellow splotches all over the design of the rug. If you look closely you can actually see the splotches in the stock photo, but (at the time of ordering) we thought the splotches was just a poor photo. Well, it wasn't the photo. The yellow is very visible and these splotches made it look like the rug was stained (like a urine color!). It was horrible looking. The rug seemed very cheaply made. We returned it the next day. This rug is not attractive and I would not recommend it.
This rug has the persian look to it with the overdye colors that depending which direction the light is coming from, changes. Every direction is awesome! We purchased this because we wanted a "little color" to grab your attention. It does that! We are most pleased with the quality of this rug and the timely manner it was delivered.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was just a little shade lighter than in picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I chose this after reading about problems with wool rugs, the odor and shedding and this rug had none of those issues.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as stated.
Just received the not so purple rug , it is not the color shown on line, it is a pale lavender color. If you order this rug do not expect a purple color, was very disappointing.. Guess I will have to keep or pay return shipping.Some one needs to get a new camera that is taking the pictures for the rug company, and also some one that knows the difference between lavender and purple, they are way off on their colors.. This makes it hard for us to order and get the right color, if it had been identified correctly I would have not ordered it.
Be forewarned, it is a decent quality for the money, but there is significant amount of yellow that isn't readily apparent in the photo. I was looking for a deep purple rug, but it is lighter, more lavender with a few areas of dark spots overall.
Rug is a contemporary rug with a faded air of old oriental rugs. Very pretty and understated. Looks great against my hardwood floor. Not very thick so if you want thick this is not for you. I also bought a smaller one n teal for a bedroom
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not as bright more muted but very pretty
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent