I purchased this meat grinder for my husband who had been hand-grinding 60-plus pounds of raw chicken (bones and all) for our Great Dane each month. His almost three hour bi-monthly chore was reduced to 1 hour - and that was mostly set-up and clean-up. We are shopping for a small freezer so he can do a couple month's worth at a time. I researched grinders online and found this one was highly recommended by BARF suppliers. Fortunately, I found it cheaper at Overstock!! If you are thinking about switching to a raw food diet for your pet or are already there, this grinder will enable you to process a large quantity of food that can be measured into portions and frozen for future use. It is a great investment in the health of your pet.
I love this grinder. We used this grinder to make sausage from pigs we raised on our little hobby farm. Last year we did it with a manual grinder and it took all day. This little baby (heavy but little) maded this task seem like a joke. We were able to grind about 100 pounds of sausage and lard from our three little pigs in about 1 1/2 hours. The thing that made grinding take longer was it was grinding faster than we could cut it off the pig. The only problem we had was figuring out the sausage stuffing layout. But once we got that down, it became easy again. It is a great product, comparable to the cabela's 22# (1 hp) grinder. I would buy again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Dead on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? This is ok, very general but gets the idea across.
I bought this for one purpose - to feed my elderly dog a raw diet. He's gotten old and can't get through bones like he used to so to continue the benefits of raw feeding and consumption of raw bone, I made the purchase. I bought this in 2009 and it is still going strong (so is my dog!). There's a lot of other things this unit can do but I've just never experimented outside of making my own dog meals. It grinds a full chicken back like it was nothing. If I've stuffed the chute beyond what I should and I get a little jam, there's a reverse function and it takes like 3 seconds to clear. Clean up is super easy and because it's stainless, it has taken sharp raw bones going through it and it still looks as good as new and the stainless ensures there's no bacteria hiding in the unit after a good washing. One of the best investments I've gotten.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Professional Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
So far this is an AWESOME meat grinder. We ground about twenty five pounds of semi frozen pork the other night and it was grinding it faster than I could push it into the feed tube. It did a great job, and with a one horse power motor it didn't even slow down. it is of solid construction and the accesories are also of good quality. The only thing that I can find to criticize is that the warning sticker covering the hopper inlet was a pain in the butt to remove and left an adhesive ring once it was finally peeled away. Anyway back to the unit, the picture does't give it justice, this is a beefy unit and it is quite hefty you are definitely getting your moneys worth! Read the other reviews on this, it is what made me choose it and I am happy for it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far the unit meets and excedes expectations
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
It is faster then you can load it almost. It works fantastic.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
My husband & I purchased the1 hp Weston Pro Meat Grinder to use for grinding/process deer meat & to make our own sausage. It arrived in less than 10 days and exceeded our expectations. We used the large grinding plate first, then ran the meat through with the smaller plate. We followed the manuals instructions & made sure the meat was VERY cold and worked in small batches, so it stayed cold. Worked exceptionally well & we are very pleased with it. One suggestion the book could make, would be to spray the inside of the grinder head/plates with a cooking spray before each use. Makes clean up very simple. We did this and then placed them in hot, soapy water. They cleaned up easily. We definitely recommend this item. It's heavy duty and made well enough to handle ANY meat grinding job. We've seen it on other sites for a much higher prices. Great buy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly how it appears online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exceptional quality stainless steel...well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Online description was spot-on
Comes with 2 grinder plates. It grinds very quickly on the bigger plate. A little slow on the smaller plate but it is very fine and does a good job for using it on the 2nd pass after the meat is grinded thru the bigger plate. Overstock seems to be a little slower in shipping after the sale compared to other sites I have bought from.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems to be high quality. Used it to grind a deer. Have 2 hogs to do next.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good