I bought two of these hoping to use them in the family room. However, they ended up in the study, which is much more formal. The chairs are gorgeous - exactly like the picture. The fabric is a soft velvet-like cream (and pretty easy to clean). They are comfortable, but sit more like a formal wingback because the seat is so high. They are not "throw back and watch TV" kind of chairs.Assembly took longer than I had expected. Like the other reviewer, there were nails in the holes of one chair, so they had to be bent back first. Plus, the legs go in at a wierd angle. Craftmanship is OK. It is at least as good or better than what I've seen in the stores for higher prices. FYI - chair is only rated to 250 lbs. Overall, a great deal for the money. I would buy them again.
the chairs look great. they look expensive although they were a great deal. We ordered two chairs and they arrived fairly early. The assembly was pretty easy and they look great. The only thing wrong is they are good looking chairs and that's it. My husband really like plush chairs so if you were looking for something with a ton of cushioned back support, this chair might not be for you. The seated part is great but you can feel the wood in the back area of the chair when you sit in it. Again, they serve their purpose and they look great!
Excellent Chair, we bought two for our formal living room. Everyone says they look so expense and assumes we bought it from a designer store. Only complaint is that one of the chair legs was not level, but it was easily fixed with a felt pad. Its definately worth the savings on similar chairs in high-end stores.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high, very expensive
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
as others have said, not too comfy, but they look very nice. we are using these chairs in a sitting area off our dining room and were really just looking for something with the right look for the space (semi-formal, dark wood). they look great, and they're not the comfiest things ever, but not awful. probably a 20 minute chair - which is fine for what we're using them for. oh, as someone else said, the material is like a microfiber/suede - not my favorite normally, but because of the light color the variation in color when "disturbed" isn't too noticeable, but important point to note. i would recommend. they really do look great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? actual color is lighter, more cream than appears in photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I did tones of online research before purchasing this chair and some of the reviewers were concerned about the comfort level of the chair. This chair is beautiful and comfortable enough for an accent chair. I bought two for my living room and couldn't be happier. They were easy enough to put together which I did before my husband returned from work. I love the look, the comfort level is acceptable and mine certainly did not have a "cheap" back as one reviewer claimed. Overall, they are great chairs for the price, especially if you need something with a contemporary look. Similar chairs elsewhere are selling for more than double the price. Get 'em while you still have a chance!!
I had high hopes for this chair due to all the high ratings. I admit I am pretty fussy with furniture and haven't bought much from Overstock.com. The seat cushions are hard as a rock and the chairs are very uncomfortable to sit in. They will soon be reassigned to a bedroom or other area where one doesn't need to really sit for long in this particular chair.
These chairs are very nicely built, have good neutral fabric, and resemble chairs I priced at a furniture store for much more money. The leg assembly was a little frustrating (holes were blocked on several of the legs) but once cleared they went together OK. I really like them! They are a good buy!
Love, love, love these chairs that I ordered to fill out a corner of my living room. They were delivered exactly when Overstock said they would arrive and assembly was easy -- just zip open the bottom lining, insert 2 screws per leg into the corners and rezip the lining. That's it. They are very very firm so probably would not be comfortable for long periods of time, but that is not a problem for me since I live alone with only occasional visitors. The fabric is a soft velveteen -- quite lovely. What a great buy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The shade was the exact same as on the website.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This chair looks more expensive than it was.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate.
I bought these chairs to put in a sun room and they are wonderful! They were easy to put together and the upholstery is very rich looking. The dark wood really sets the chairs off and they are comfortable too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Very happy with this purchase. This is the second time we've purchased this chair. After the first one arrived we found we had enough space for another chair. One of our cats threw up on this beautiful cream colored chair. I was quite upset, but the chair cleaned up beautifully and you can't tell there was an incident.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? On site description was accurate.
It's a lovely chair, but is uncomfortable. The cushion is too thin and too firm. There isn't a lot of padding in the back rest. Bit mostly, you sit on the chair and don't sink in, you sit and think "oh, ugh, that is firm" in fact, I have heard that from a guest already. I bought two and sending them back is more of a hassle than it's worth. I wish I had just bought more expensive, nicer chairs in the first place rather than having uncomfortable cheap chairs in my living room. Live and learn.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Similar color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The fabric seems a little cheap and the it's not well stuffed--uncomfortable
The chair is ok. I ordered two for my livingroom. They were larger than I expected. They are comfortable chairs if you place a pillow in them to support your back. They are light weight chairs so I'm not sure how they are going to hold up with my teenage boys. Everyone that has come to my home loves the look of the chairs. I don't think they are really meant for daily use, but if you are using them more for decoration in a room that doesn't have lots of traffic, they will work for you. I don't regret buying them, but had I been able to see and try them out before hand, I probably would have purchased something else
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Ok, not the greatest.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
All you have to do it attach the legs and you're good to go. I bought two and the chairs elevate the style of the living room. The seats are hard so the chairs are not comfortable but I suspect that they'll break in and become more so over time. What a good value!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
Comfy chairs which go great with my dark wood floors and mocha sofa. I love them... easy to put together, normal sized can be dressed up or down.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? more creme less yellow - perfectly neutral
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high end and classy...simply elegant
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? head on
We purchased this chair as an accent for our master bedroom. The upholstery was soft and there were no nicks in the wood when we unpacked it. However, this chair is not comfortable to sit in at all. I thought we would get a little more functionality out of the chair for the price we paid, but I guess this chair is pretty much decorative only.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. okay
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? okay
The chair looks beautiful, I received lots of compliments on it. If you're thinking of buying a chair to sit and relax, don't buy this! It's beautiful but not comfortable at all and it's poorly made ( weight limit of 250lbs) . I don't like sitting on in for too long but I love the way it looks!
The chairs are beautiful, exactly like the picture. They are ideal if you are looking for a formal setting. I placed them together with a round table between the two chairs and a huge orchid. Everyone loves them upon first glance. However, they are not comfortable at all. Investing is better cushions will be worth it to me. I would buy them again in a minute. They are so worth the expense if you want something that looks very good, reasonable price, easy to assemble and want something that goes well with an eclectic style.
For the price, you can't beat these chairs. The material is easy to clean and the seat cushion covers come off. They have survived my two toddlers for over three years! The material has slightly torn along the piping on one side and the legs do have to be tightened regularly but these are still my favorite lounge chairs!