I recently bought several storage cabinets for my basement, and I just got this one for my kitchen. I wish, wish, wish I had bought this brand for my basement. Yes, this is made of laminate particle board, but it has some nice touches that are usually missing in inexpensive cabinets. First, the door is rounded wood (?) rather than just more laminate particle board. That means that it looks nicer and that there are no edge pieces to peel off later. Second, the back board (back of the cabinet) is actually MDF or something, not the cheap paperboard that you usually get. No, it's not wood, but that's a heckuva lot better than flimsy paperboard. The MDF (or whatever it is) makes the cabinet sturdier and more likely to survive a move. Also, the whole thing was a breeze to put together. I am so pleased with it that I just ordered another and will seek out this brand if I ever need another storage cabinet (which, given how cheaply made the other ones I just bought are... we'll see).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's white.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent. Best in its price range.
As I rebuild my house after Superstorm Sandy, I find I have less storage space than before. I needed a "pantry" type of cabinet that would fit in a narrow space by the door, and this matched the measurements. However, I didn't intend to use it for mops and brooms, and I wanted two more internal shelves. I phoned Prepac and asked if I could buy some, and at first I was told it would be expensive to ship them, because MDF is so heavy. I said I'd be willing to pay, and the helpful young woman on the phone put me on hold to go find out the cost. When she came back on the line, she said they'd just ship me two shelves, plus the relevant hardware, for free! That's a very rare attitude, and a wonderful surprise! It wasn't hard to put it together - pretty standard construction for this type of furniture. And now I have a place to keep canned goods, bulk foods like rice, and spare paper towels.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. what I expected from flat-pack MDF furniture
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact description of product
This cabinet was just what I was looking for. Using it with only one shelf since I wanted it for brooms and mops not for storing clothing. The sizing was correct. The cabinet is quite heavy therefore either assemble it where you plan to use it or get some help to place it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was as white as white can be
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This cabinet is just as pictured.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product description was very accurate.
Very happy with the Broom Cabinet. Nothing fancy but helps to keep my Laundry area clear of mops, brooms and floor cleaner.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good and solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
My issue was more with the UPS delivery. The product walls were slightly warped and one wall had an imperfection that hides well where I put the cabinet. I believe these problems occurred when UPS took 4 tries to deliver the item in rainy weather...to wrong addresses twice or 3 times...and banged the heavy package (78#) and most likely got it wet. The packing was good or there would have been more damage from the looks of the box. The assembly was fast and easy. I decided to keep it in spite of the imperfections because it's to store brooms and you don't really notice the issues once it is assembled. The cabinet looks good and is just the right size for the space and use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's white!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Heavier than I expected. Pre drilled holes for assembly lined up well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Love this... now my laundry room looks neat and clean... no more brooms and dustpans hanging in corners.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched perfectly the image on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description on site
I ordered this cabinet because I never had a place to stash my brooms, dust mops, cleaning mop, etc. This fits the bill perfectly. Just tall enough to fit in those tall handles. I left off the shelf because I did not need it. The cabinet tucks descretely in the corner of my kitchen and looks great. Thank goodness I saw this and immediately ordered it. Thank you for a great product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? On target - it's white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made. I put it together myself in a little over 45 minutes with no problems.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect.
Assembly was quick, use of strong, long screws holds all together. Back of storage is fairly sturdy and held in by nails, rather than the cheap stuff using tacks. Door hinges very strong, slight downward horizontal sag from hinge side, but barely noticeable. Fits in the corner of our kitchen eat-in area and out of sight. Used not for the shelves, but for long handled items like swiffers and such. Door has rounded corners, nothing else. Would have been nice to have some design in the door, but at this price, ...satisfied with it.
This cabinet was exactly what I was looking for - the right size, shape. It was very easy to put together and the construction is excellent. Overall the cabinet is very heavy (78 pounds). Since I am using it to store brooms and mops, I was unable to insert a shelf, which I would have liked. Otherwise, I have only positive things to report.
Even more beautiful in person! Installed this in my office alongside the Prepac Winslow Elite 2-Door Standing Cabinet and I receive compliments every day! The door handles are especially modern and sleek and, in my opinion, make it appear even more classy. Very pleased with this purchase!
This cabinet is perfect. I needed a place to put my broom and my shark and my Vac/broom in my kitchen and this was the answer. It went together easy, I had help from my hubby and it was fun to do. We put in the perfect spot and everything fit perfect inside. Now I don't need to go upstairs and get all of my cleaning stuff everyday or have to look at it stuffed between the wall and the fridge! Perfect and nice looking too!