The buffet arrived in two large boxes (buffet top in one, the rest in the other box) that were very heavy and required two people to carry inside. All of the pieces were well packed and there was no damage to any of the components, despite one side of the box being rather beat up. The description of "some assembly required" is an understatement -- it's more like "complete assembly required," as there were no two pieces joined together. That said, the assembly was not difficult since the pieces were all clearly marked and the directions wer pretty clear. The only improvements that I'd suggest would be to include starter holes or some sort of marking on the drawer sides to make it easier to align and to start the screws in correctly. Once the pieces were all unpacked and dusted off, it took two hours for two people to assemble. When done, it is very sturdy and doesn't wobble in the slightest, and the door and drawer hardware all operate smoothly - one would think the piece came pre-assembled from a high-end furniture store and that it cost three to four times what it did. I'm very satisfied with this buffet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close match between color pictured and actual product; the actual finish is much richer than pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. All of the pieces fit together well with no cracks or gaps between them, and the veneer finish was smooth and unblemished.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I first measured my available space in breakfast room. The measurements of this unit online matched perfectly. Arrived very soon. Took me about a full hour to assemble following instructions which are clear. Unit is solid oak and to a very good fit and finish and matches the oak round breakfast table perfectly. This has been a very useful mini storage counter space for all my coffee beans, espresso cups and a lot of items within the inside shelves. Formerly I had just a blank wall. Now it is space well utilized. The ball feet make this piece of furniture quaint and adorable. Well designed and good solid construction. This will last a long time. Hinges and drawer tracks are good quality too. One may always upgrade the door and drawer pull out handles from local hardware store if inclined.
We would never order another piece of furniture. There were way too many pieces to assemble comfortably.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. o.k.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? o.k.