This rug pad isn't the thickest rug pad I've ever seen, but it does appear to be made to last quite a while & does provide some nice cushioning. The floor side has a grippy rubber surface, and the rug side is a thick felted mat that holds the rug in place quite well. The pad does come a little oversized & will have to be trimmed down to your rug - since hand made rugs can vary quite a bit, this is a very nice feature. We've purchased these pads a few times and now intend to install them room by room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, seems like it will last for quite a while
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I bought one of these for my living room rug a few months ago. It added so much plushness underfoot that I searched one out for the bedroom rug as well. The nonslip back keeps it in place and if it is necessary to trim, it can be done with household scissors. Very pleased with the rug pad.
Does the job of keeping my rugs and carpets in place on hardwood floors. I have several dogs so have a lot of area rugs to keep the dogs from slipping and to protect the floors. I wanted something to keep those rugs in place, and this does the trick perfectly. I've used them under both thick wool pile rugs, flat woven kilims , and they work for both. The kilims will still bunch up a bit and get the corners turned up, but overall they stay in place and I can vacuum without as much pulling up of the rug into the vacuum cleaner because of the grippy upper surface of the pad. They do NOT provide much padding at all, so if you are looking for a cushy feel these won't work for you. My rugs still move around a tiny bit when the dogs really run across them at full speed, but not much at all. I adjust them every few days instead of constantly! One tip: If you want to use it under a flat woven rug like a kilim, be sure you trim them so they are very close to the edge of the rug. I trimmed mine in a few inches all the way around and it leaves a noticeable line in the carpet which will probably increase wear at that place.
Excellent no slip, thick well constructed felt pad. Much better than what i saw on competitor sites, and the exact size 8'x8' we needed without overpaying for either 2 smaller and taping together OR buying an 8x10 or 8x11 and trimming.
This rug pad provides cushioning and stability to your rug, both of which are important. It's worth the money to get a truly "padded" pad as opposed to the rubberized netting that most of us resort to occasionally. I've used the thin rubberized stuff and it can leave rubber on your wood floors. This pad is what you should REALLY use to protect both the rug and the wood floor beneath. Worth the money.
It stays in place on the floor. I have hardwood floors, but the top rug slides to the side a bit. I may have to get carpet tape to keep the rug on place. But it feels great to walk on the rug with it under it compared to my rugs with out it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
It is a bit lighter weight than I expected but underneath the carpet it is working great. The carpet stays in place and feels even more plush now.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a bit darker but it underneath a carpet..
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice,
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I bought this to go under an antique rug that is on a hardwood floor. The pad grips the rug on the felted side and grips the floor on the rubberized side-perfect for what we needed. It gives the rug extra cushion underneath and because it holds the rug in place, it keeps it from stretching out of shape (very important with an old rug). Thanks for an affordable, quality product!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The pad does not work on carpeted surfaces. The area rug actually bulked worse with the pad than without it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not important
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality seems to be very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate in relation to use on hard surface