I knew my bed was not a California King but I didn't know there is an "E King " as well...it is wider than my bed but costs way too much to return so we'll live with it. But beware there is a King, California King and an E king. Be sure you know what you need.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is definitely black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? sort of...I
We absolutely love this frame. It was very easy to set up and put into use. We added the brackets so the frame would mount directly to the bed. It only took about 10 minutes from start to finish.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is an awesome product. It is very light and sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I bought a new king size mattress last year and it had already started to sag down the middle. I intended to contact the manufacturer. I bought the platform frame to replace the 2 low profile box springs. It works perfectly. It provides the support I was missing and my mattress sags no more. It also fit perfectly in my platform bed. Measurements were exact
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Poor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
is not a posture king but is made by Boyd <same as on humble abode, only they charge more, this really messed me up because i thought is was a different one and and larger, because a king mattress actually measures 75X79, luckliy it all worked out, solid frame, only prob is skirts tent to slide on it more than a box spring and it makes it harder to change sheets and get everything tight, but otherwise am very delighted with me new king, plenty of space under for those who want storage there, ended up ordering the praga brackets and they worked out well to attach headboard to frame
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? is black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good to excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? measurements are wrong, frame actually measures 75"X79"
Not sure what happened here. Inside a perfect, undamaged box was a very damaged bed frame. It appeared as if a previous purchaser took the bed frame out, set it up and jumped on it - bending several cross members and most wire stretchers - then returned it to Overstock for a refund? Then, I got it? Whatever - photographed it and arranged a return to Overstock as damaged. Then - out-of-stock - only a more expensive replacement :-( Bought a new frame locally for the same price. PLEASE READ THIS PART - this frame has all legs recessed in from the perimeter. This is important as the replacement frame I purchased has the center legs to the outside. Can't tell you how many times I stubbed my toes on those stupid center legs. Get this frame for that benefit alone!
I purchased this frame for a guest bedroom. The frame comes in a box where the 2 halves easily unfold and link together to fit a king size mattress. I was able to do this by myself very easily. The quality of the frame is very thick, high gauge steel...much better than what I was expecting. Once setup, the height of the bed is perfect, not low at all and the frame is easily hidden by a regular bed skirt. I would highly recommend this for anyone looking for a solid bed frame for less than half the cost of buying box springs from the store. Great value! Great item.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great. Very sturdy, solid, easy to put together.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact.
Super Easy to put together. We have only had it in use for about two weeks but seems very sturdy. The only thing I recommend so far is that if you want to attach a headboard you WILL need seperate brackets (not easy to find for this brand) We had to order universal ones from somewhere else.
Bought in February 2013; waited to post review as was testing out mattress that was purchased as well. Every once in a while I hear a noise, however I think this is an awesome frame for anyone looking for a platform frame. There hasn't been any chipping of coat over the metal. Holds up great; came in slightly big box. I had the frame assembled in under 10 minutes once out of box. Worth the money to purchase.
This was a snap to put together. Literally took me less than 5 minutes. You simply unfold unfold, put the leg supports down, and tighten the butterfly nuts then connect the two frames together. The only thing is, I have a King size bed and didn't know there was such as thing as a Euro King (which is what the E stands for) It fits the king size bed decently, but the bed does hang off a few inches..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This king frame is the third frame I purchased. I also purchased two full and a queen frame. All worked well. The only draw back was that the king frame was a little short and the mattress hangs off the end a couple inches.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? n.a.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This frame is great! It's very supportive- you don't feel your partner toss and turn. IWW are buying another for the guest room!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality, fantastic support!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very acurate description.
I wanted to wait a while before reviewing this bed because when I purchased it, I was reading the reviews and a pretty high percentage of them all claimed that it squeaked. I was pretty worried about it. I'm a very light sleeper, and my husband is something of a midnight revolver so I didn't want a symphony orchestra rattling under my mattress in the middle of the night. When we got the bed in early June, it was very easy to put together - I honestly think it took longer to get it out of the box than it did to assemble it. And because I'd been warned about squeaking, my husband took the time to make sure everything was good and tight before we put a mattress on it. It's a sturdy bed - a bit high, we put a 14" mattress on it, so we have to superman dive into bed (Whee!), but for the money, I couldn't be happier. It DOES squeak. It took about six weeks to develop, but there is a little bit of a creak and twang when we turn over in bed or move a little too enthusiastically. Nothing major, certainly nothing I cannot sleep through - I only notice it when I'm awake. If it get's any worse, we'll pull the mattress off and dig the tool box out again, but for now, I'm very happy with things.
The frame arrived quickly and went together easily. However, it was short 2 wing screws (which I went out and bought rather than wait for replacements to come, and - most annoyingly - has no standard way to connect a headboard. There are 2 small holes drilled into the frame which might be intended for this purpose, but 1) they are too high to mount a headboard and have it still be resting on the floor, and 2) since there's only one hole on each side, it would probably be pretty wobbly. The frame itself seems sturdy, but I put it in the guest room instead of using in master bedroom just because I can't connect my headboard. If you have a wall-mounted headboard, this frame would work well.
This bed frame went together so quickly and easily. There were two of us, but I could have done it alone. Lifting my heavy mattress onto the frame was much harder than the assembly. At first I thought the bed looked a little low, but once we put our 11" thick mattress on the bed height was great. This works like a platform bed for a memory foam mattress, which is what we wanted it for. I put "average" for the style only because it is basic and isn't anything special to look at. It's not ugly, just your standard black metal feet. I guess we could get a bed skirt, but I don't care about that really.
It is flimsy construction, bows and bends immediately after using it. Also, Overstock would not give us a refund or take care of us in anyway. Don't buy this piece of junk, and think carefully about whether or not you trust overstock as well, they don't seem to care about their customers.
Great frame for my new memory foam mattress i also bought from overstock.com. Easy to put together, strong and stable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate