As a 250 plus guy, I was a little concerned when I read other reviews about the possibility of not supporting larger people. I was even more concerned when I saw the relatively small box that arrived 5 days after I placed my order. Much to my pleasant surprise, the chairs were very easy to assemble and are much sturdier than I would have imagined. They adjust easily and are actually quite comfortable. Best of all is their sleek design. I have a very small contemporary apartment and wanted a clear acrylic stool to give the room a more spacious feel. Mission Accomplished. These slide easily under the counter and almost dissapear to the eye.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Arylic is clear as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be sturdier than I expected when I first saw the box.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I ordered 2 of these ghost stools for the end of our kitchen island in my modern home renovation. They are really pretty in person and I love the way they look. Unfortunately, they are really uncomfortable for me to sit on. I usually have shorts on in the house and the edges cut into my skin uncomfortably leaving a painful welt. I have to be careful when I slide off because it feels like it's scraping off my skin. My Husband concurs, he says he can feel the edge through his pants so he dosen't like to sit at the counter long. We are not large people.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great! Product is really beautiful.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Technical quality is OK, unfortunately the seat on one of the 2 stools I ordered drops 3 inches as soon as you sit on it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very, but no one talked about how rough the edges feel on the seat.
Pros: -Great design -Great price -Clear seats disappear into your room when not in use (reducing visual footprint) -Fairly easy to assemble Cons: -The acrylic will scratch fairly easily. After a few days, there are some scuffs already (there are acrylic scratch removers out there, buy one) -The attention to detail on the craftsmanship is good, not great (e.g. the rounding of the acrylic is a bit imperfect) -No sufficient padding under base. Will scratch floors if left as is. Tips: -As others have noted, make sure to remove the black cap from the center pole (it is tough, you'll need channel locks or pliers). -The plastic disk that the seat sits on needs to go a certain way (fatter part of the wedge at the bottom I believe), note the arrow and the directions. -You'll want to figure out some felt padding or feet to apply under the base or it will surely scratch your wood floors. -These chairs are not Roomba-friendly. My Roomba "humps" the chair base for a few minutes before moving on - resulting in scratches and scuffs on the base.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matches description and pictures
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very solid for the price. Not super premium, but certainly not "cheap"
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I am totally in love with my new barstools! I live in a 600 sq. ft. studio apartment, and these are exactly what I needed. They are small in scale and dont take up valuable space, but after sitting on them for a few hours a day for about 2 weeks now, I can confirm that they are sturdy and pretty comfortable (as much as a backless barstool can be). The acrylic seats allow the barstool to almost disappear, so they make a statement without adding too much visual weight. I've scoured the internet and, for the price, these are by far the best option out there for anyone looking for modern, unique barstools. Assembly was relatively easy. Think I spent about 30 min on the pair. The only hiccup I had was getting the end cap off the center rod. Ladies, I'd recommend a strong man to help you get it off :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
These are sturdy, top quality bar stools. Spring loaded and can easily seat an over 200 lb. person. Great product, great price, great service.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Better quality than stools we looked at in store after store after store.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as described
These barstools are amazing. The quality is excellent. Acrylic is very thick. They are made well. My husband loves them & he is a very picky man. We have gotten so many compliments. Everyone who sees them thinks they are very cool. My kids love them. They are also very easy to clean. I would highly recommend!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These barstools are so sturdy. They may look like they wouldn't hold much but, the acrylic is super thick.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I purchased two of these stools - primarily because they were acrylic and very reasonable in price. I was initially concerned my order had been separated, disbelieving that both chairs could be shipped in the one small box that I received - until I lifted the box and realized its weight. These stools are heavier than I expected and the acrylic doesn't look like "cheap plastic" as I had worried might be the case. I'm glad I took the chance to purchase these - the inexpensive price had caused my hesitation -but in this case you get MORE that what you would pay for elsewhere.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Consistent to what was depicted and much heavier than expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality, not "plastic" feeling
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As depicted
These stools are reasonably sturdy, reasonably well-built, and have a great modernist look. they are light, easy to move, don't scratch the floor. VERY good price. we are not very large people (not tiny, but not big or tall) and it's not clear that the pneumatic mechanisms would stand up to a lot of weight. however, for "average" sized adults they are terrific!
These stools look just as they do in the picture. My primary goal, in addition to aesthetics was to find a comfortable seat that was resistant to scratching and tearing as experienced by the stools we replaced. I'm paying close attention to how well these stools will hold up. The stools are extremely lightweight - in fact much lighter than I would have expected. If you're seeking back support these are not the stools for you. Also, they're not inviting to the heavier guests although they can hold them. It's a little disconcerting at first that the upper portion of the stool rocks slightly left and right. Once you get used to it it's fine. The kids don't weigh enough to lower themselves on the stool although they can raise themselves higher. All in all if you're looking for a contemporary stool that looks good give them a try.
When I saw one small box.. holding 2 barstools.. I was a little nervous ! Easy to assemble, usual vague instructions.. but was able to assemble these quite quickly. Over all they are very high quality... only a couple of REALLY cheap trim pieces... no big deal. Very Glam...
After about 2 years of using the barstools, the are very durable. My only issue which isn't huge is the rubber at the bottom of the stools is now starting to come off. The stools work fine but the manufacturer needs to find super glue or something to keep the rubber underneath the stools from coming off. Otherwise they are in excellent condition and I have had no problems with them.
Stools were great at first but they don't last. By the first year the rubber ring on the bottom was brittle and breaking off in pieces. The hydrolic was broken on both of them soon after. Disappointing, need to throw out and buy different ones now.
Love the look of these stools! Great product and will improve the look of our kitchen. Was easy to put together. Had to call the company to replace one of the clear seat pads as it had a chip and one of the chrome bottoms had discoloration. Customer service was excellent and the items were sent out immediately!