this is not a top of the line sofa/sleeper. it is, however, nicer than anything you will get at ikea and far more affordable + just as nice as something you will get a fancier furniture store. I'm very pleased with the value of the purchase - i didn't expect top quality, didn't get top quality, but am pleased to "rent" this furniture for the next 3 years for $500. I have a studio NYC apartment and it fits comfortably and is large enough to sleep a grown *** adult. the night i sliced my hand on a bottle of wine, i got stitches, and no less than 30 minutes later i was assembling this one handed. if i can assemble this one handed, after 2 glasses of wine, and in under 2 hours, you sure as hell can do it with 2 hands sober in under 60 minutes. if other people say it takes longer, my guess is that life is very hard for them every day. if you're looking to furnish your dream home, skip this. if you have need for a rarely used or not important couch / sleeper that won't embarrass you in front of discerning friends with taste, look no further. they will be impressed with your shopping savvy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is accurate - but the leather isn't as nice / shiny as the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not top notch, but hey, its overstock
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
BOUGHT THIS FOR "JUST-GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE" DAUGHTER FOR APARTMENT ABOVE THE GARAGE. SHE LOVED IT. SHE SAYS IT IS COMFORTABLE TO SLEEP ON AND SHE LIKES THAT IT IS "LEATHER" RATHER THAN MATERIAL (THAT COULD STAIN EASILY). I WAS SURPRISED THAT IT HAD SPRINGS RATHER THAN A CHEAP FOAM FOR THE INSIDES. ALSO APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT YOU CANNOT TELL THAT IT CAN BE CONVERTED INTO A BED (VERY EASILYL BY THE WAY) WHEN IT IS SET UP AS A COUCH. MY 11 YR OLD DAUGHTER AND I CARRIED IT UPSTAIRS (IN PIECES) AND PUT IT TOGETHER EASILY BY OURSELVES IN A COUPLE OF HOURS FOLLOWING THE SIMPLE ENCLOSED DIRECTIONS.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? YES
- How is the quality of the product? DECENT. . . WHAT I EXPECTED FOR THE PRICE
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? YES
We wanted a sofabed for our guest room/den, and this immediately caught my eye as a great alternative to a heavy sofabed or a frumpy futon. This little hybrid sofa is perfect--well constructed and quite a bit more sturdy than we had expected. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because the futon cover velcro detaches when converting, and the cushions don't puff up quite as much as would be expected to fill the cover out and fill the frame gaps out. This sofa is a bargain for any small space that you need to put guests up in, or for sleepovers and such. I probably wouldn't purchase it for my main livingroom or family room, however.
I ordered this for my den for my out-of-town guests to sleep on. I used it about 5-10 times in the course of 10 or 11 months. When I went to fold it back up again the entire couch would not snap back into place. The mechanics on it had completely broken. To fold it back up now you need to have two people at either side push it back together. I also need to make sure that it is always wedged against a wall so that if you even sit on it like a couch it doesn't slide/fold out to bed size. It looks great and is very comfortable to sleep on but in the end I should have bought something that would have at least lasted more than a year.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. looks nice but completely broken
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty close
This is basically a nice futon, and it looks just like the pictures suggest. Very comfortable to sit and sleep on, and of a nice distressed brown color. I had no idea what the "renu leather" is going to look or feel like, but it really is very similar to leather (except for the smell), very soft to the touch. Whether it is durable and easily cleanable is to be seen. The assembly was an interesting adventure, and it certainly takes two people and more than an hour to unpack and put together. It would be really nice if the arms reached further back, as there is a good gap between the wall and the end of the arms. All in all, I would say it is a great buy for the price, and serves the purpose we bought it for.
This is a great sleeper sofa/futon. It looks less like a futon and more like a regular sofa. I bought it for an office that can sleep relatives when they come to visit. I personally am going to buy a feather topper for it as full size sheets want to slide right off. It looks like leather but that part of it is really thin and doesn't feel like leather. It feels more like plastic. However, I knew this from reading the many reviews so I didn't expect a quality leather sofa for this cheap price. This same sofa with high quality leather would be 3 times this price or more so those that are giving poor reviews because of the leather quality really have unrealistic expectations of this sofa for the price. The construction is excellent as was the packaging. It was vacuum sealed so don't expect to send it back the way it came as that would is impossible. I can't imagine anyone would want to send it back though. Contrary to was others said on the reviews, it is SIMPLE to put together. Honestly, I don't understand how anyone could give poor reviews based on the assembly. It is not complicated to assemble. It took about an hour because there are several steps and parts but simply follow the directions and there will be no problems. It is medium (not soft, not firm) and comfy as a sofa. It has a nice mechanism that is easy to fold down. Finally, I was pleasantly surprised that you can put it within about 2 or 3 inches of the wall behind it when used as a sofa and yet you do NOT need to pull it out to fold it down.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product is sturdy but leather is more like thin plastic. Still, it is well worth the price and should last a long time.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I'd been searching for months for a futon sofa bed. I wanted one that was at least a full size bed, comforatble (which most are not) and one that would actually look like a living room sofa. THIS IS IT !! I am so happy with it & it's very comfortable. No one has slept on it yet but I sit (lay) on it every evening & it's wonderful. I highly recommend it...Oh & it wasn't hard to put together- although nmy nephew did it- he said it was easy. It's very sturdy. It is light however, so it's best against a wall. Sitting independently it would move around a bit.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact- dark brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made, soft leather
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
After a lot of searching and indecisiveness, I decide to try this sofa because it addressed all of my needs, looked great online, and got some very favorable reviews. Also, my son will soon be needing something just like this for his college apartment. I was very hesitant, because I had a sleeper sofa once before, and thought I would never get one again. It arrived promptly, and although the box was in pretty bad shape, the sofa was luckinly undamaged in any way, and was assembled easily by my son, who is 6'2". We are both thrilled by its looks and comfort. It is only enough space for one person to sleep, but is perfect for a small room, and looks great. Very glad I made this purchase! Thanks Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very high
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I have looked & looked for a decent futon that wasnt hard as a rock. I CANNOT tell you how THRILLED i am with this one! It took about 90 min to put together, & it is stunning. Seems made well. & SO comfortable. The width & height of the springs in the cushions, when we were putting it together, shocked me. I couldnt wait to try it! & i promise you, it is THE absolute most comfortable thing to sleep on! In fact, I had guests & since its tight for 2 adults - DO-able, but still, its a little smaller than a double - I offered them my Master bedroom instead of guest room futon. Well ... my guests stayed 8 nites, & they have been gone 4 nites, & I STILL havent moved back to my own bedroom b/c i just love it. & the price was 1/2 of the ones at higher end stores I was looking at. Im almost tempted to buy a 2nd one & store it, in case they stop making them! lol
Super easy to put together, looks very sharp, highly recommend
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sits nicely
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
Love Love Love This couch was easy for my husband to build and very nice to sit on as well as sleep on One of the bset purchases made on overstock to date We are very happy with it so far.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice and comfortable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Very Comfortable Futon/Couch with nice pillows. Good Value. Wish leather was a bit softer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate Color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, leather not soft
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
Very hard to put together. Takes way to much time, closer to 3 hours. The back of the fulton is not good, its just a flap. Alot of money for what I received, Not happy at all.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not as good as it tells us, should have listen to the reviews I read
I ordered the couch last week and received it this morning. (About 5 to 6 days after placing order.) In about an hour or so we had it all put together. It comes nicely packed with just a handful of screws to place in. Nothing too overwhelming at all. It seems like it has good construction and a really decent leather fabric. It is bigger than I expected... which is a good thing. I thought it might look a bit dinky just considering the price and that it is a basic sofa bed. But definitely not. It is a great size and comfortably fits two adults when in the bed position. It is very comfortable to sit on and lay on. The fact that the cushions are built with springs is a great thing and seems like it will help it last much longer than if it just had foam cushions. We love that it has three positions... full upright for sitting, a lounge position and then the complete down position for the bed. Very easy to move back and forth from. We love it so far! Considering we bought a basic microsuede couch a couple of years ago from a large furniture chain store for $599 and then had to pay $185 for delivery, getting this for $$$ shipped directly to our door (bought when Overstock was having a sale) is fantastic. Couldn't be happier so far!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty dead on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality for the money!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great!
I purchased this convert-a-couch for my mom when she stays with me. She said, "It's almost as comfortable as my bed at home. My back as never felt better on a sleeper." It is a bit complicated to put together, but once you get it right, no issues with it. We use it daily as a couch and plan to use it a lot more in summer months for overnight guests. I've taken naps on it and I'm 6 ft and 200 plus lbs and it is super comfortable. Looks good with some fancy pillows.