My husband and I have been searching for the right chair to match our hazelnut colored couch. The chair that we found in a local store that was comparable to this one (just slightly bigger) was going to be over $1,000. It is hard to find a regular sized chair and ottoman since they make so many oversized/chair and a halfs now. We took a chance and ordered this although we were skeptical about the color - it seemed to have a pinkish/peach hue on the screen. The picture of just the material (middle picture) is the most accurate of all three. There is nothing pink or peach about this chair and the pictures do not depict it accurately. The primary colors are beautiful and are a rust, dark maroon, dark green, gold, tan. The quality is very good and seems well made. The back of the chair is lower than I expected, but suits us fine. My husband is a large guy and can sit comfortably in the chair. The seat is firm and kind of bouncy and is attached. I feel like you almost sit a little higher than the ottoman. Overall, this is an excellent deal and well worth the money. You cannot come close to this in any store around. Ours arrived within one week of ordering. Great purchase - go for it!
I bought a pair these to fill in a 'hole' created in a fairly large room filled with leather and other rustic furniture. The rich, warm hues of the fabric are perfect, primarily jewel-toned reds, greens and golds. They came extremely well packed and only required the little 'feet' be attached. I'm giving four instead of five stars for the following reasons: a) I had to trim threads all around the seams. No big, but really....and b) I wish I could tighten the feet a little more without fear of stripping the bolts. They're a little wobbly, not really noticeable to anyone but me, but I still wish I could tighten them more. Overall a very good buy, and I would recommend this to anyone looking for reasonably priced, comfortable chairs to go with browns, golds, etc.
Purchased this chair because of style, pattern, fabric, cost and reviews! Was not disappointed, I would agree with other reviewers that yes its firm but over time and wear it will become more comfortable. Only wish that the height of back was maybe 4 inches higher so i could lean head back on it. And mentioning back have spinal problems and this chair is firm enough for me to be comfortable. Thanks for a great purchase!! Hope the same for my other purchases!!
after looking both at furniture stores in town, and searching on the web, I found the perfect chair here at Overstock. I had priced out a similar chair/ottoman combination in a paisley print at a local store and would have paid more than double the price as it would have been special order, etc. As one of the other reviewers noted it is a "mama bear" size chair, and I would totally agree. The size fits me to a T. I can sit and do needlework, read, or watch TV very comfortably in it. I have even "dozed off" in it! I would recommend it highly. The colors are beautiful, the fabric seems quite thick, and the construction well put together. All in all a great find!
I expected the chair and ottoman to be nice. I expected the color to be exactly what I wanted. I can honestly say that the chair and ottoman exceeded my expectations in every way and I'm very pleased. I bought the chair and ottoman for my husband and he is also very happy. I am pleased with the way it looks and the quality. My husband is pleased with the quality and comfort. He even likes how nice it looks and that says a lot.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great, and even prettier in person.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The chair & ottoman appear to be very well made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
This is a beautiful set, but my cats have destroyed it - the fabric frays VERY easily. I would only recommend it for those without cats =^..^=
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fabric is too easy to be destroyed by cats
I was looking for a chair for my living room to give the room an uplift.I get compliments about this chair every time I have a visitor, and it looks far more expensive that I paid. It's a great buy. I have a rust red color sofa and a dark red or maroon leather chair. This paisley print was a perfect match. The colors are a maroon, rustic red, fern green and gold earth tones. It is not peach or pink in any way as shown. I have an area rug with the same colors, however the rug is a bit wild. It is a large swirl of colors that coordinates well with the paisley chair. I bought the area rug and the sofa at Overstock. I have had the chair more than a year and looks brand new. It is well made and all I had to do at delivery was simply screw the legs on. I read an interview above that mentions fray because of a cat. I don't believe that is fair to mention because cats can destroy any fabric surface no matter how well made. It's really well made and I cannot see how it would fray unless someone took a tool and deliberately frayed it. No offense to the cat owner, but if that review prevents you from purchasing the chair, do not take that into consideration. The chair is quite firm and I noticed different comments depending on who sits on it. Most say it's comfortable. I think it's firm, but not uncomfortable at all. The matching ottoman is firm and made to use as a foot rest. I would not suggest placing a glass of liquid on it because it would fall at the slightest move. However, I have a side table beside it. I noticed others mentioned the back of the chair is not very high; it isn't a chair to lay your head back unless you move your legs further down on the ottoman. I believe the photo of the chair depicts the back of this chair just as it is. I am quite happy with this chair and thrilled I bought it. My only wish is that it was slightly softer, however, that may change the look of the chair. I understand everyone has their own likes while purchasing furniture. I was looking for an attractive chair that was well made, but not overpriced, and one that had a unique style. I found it with this chair.
We purchased this chair and ottoman to compliment a family room that is gradually being re-done. The size of the chair and color/pattern were a good fit and overall it looks good for what we wanted it. Having said that, I found the quality of the fabric to be only acceptable and thought the workmanship on the ottoman's covering was a little off. The chair is surprising light ( a plus) and is quite comfortable. It's not at all slouchy. If you are looking for a value option with a good look this chair will do the trick.
I am so happy with this chair. The back is low but I find this very comfy especially with the ottoman, but then again, I am short. It is a bit firm but not too much so. For older people and those with bad backs, I think this chair would work out well. It was so easy to put together... just had to screw the legs on. Its really pretty and there is a matching storage bench: Portfolio Blane Paisley Wall Hugger Bench Trunk Storage Ottoman. This is a really amazing chair for price. Highly recomment it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close. A little more green that I thought.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The chair is pretty with nice fall colors..gold..burgandy..hunter green. However it is hard as a rock. Not comfortable to sit in and relax.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little darker than pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average
My order arrived on time as promised, however i was dissapointed with the chair.. The back was stiff, and too short, and has no neck support. It suffices as a piece of decor , however too uncomfortable to sit in for any period of time. The ottoman should be lower and not made in proportion to the chair. The price was manageable, however it is not functionable for me. I am a male about 5 10. It may work well for a smaller person or a child.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fairly close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. On a scale of one to ten, a 7
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This overall color tone is a faded orange. Colors are not vibrant or deep but sorta washed out -- like the dye lot was bad. Its so bad I won't put it where company can see it. Of course repacking and shipping costs make returning it impossible. For the price I could have gotten a MUCH better quality piece at a local furniture store. Overall I'm grossly disappointed. This purchase was a waste of money and it was bad enough that I've decided I will NOT order furniture online again. I'l need to see it in person from now on. The material on the chair is too ugly for words.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are not even remotely like the swatch you can enlarge.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fabric seems thin and not to strong, chair is so lightweight sit on it and it will slide across a wood floor
The chair is a great value. it is hard to find a chair and ottoman for under $****. The fabric isn't what I expected. I wish it was a cotton. The burgandy is very faint. It is mostly sienna and gold. It will work in my bedroom but would have loved it to be more red.
I bought this for my mom's new assisted living place. It looks great and mom loves it - she spends all her time on this chair with her feet on the ottoman watching TV and napping. And the best thing about these kind of purchases where you sometimes have to spend hours assembling them - this I put together myself - it was just the feet. Great chair and ottoman.
The only thing you need to do is put the legs on and start enjoying!! It fits into a small nook perfect with the big chair feel. I would not suggest it for someone who is very large... My husband is 210 and just fits in it. The colors are more luxurious then pictured. I would not say there is any orange in the chair.. It is beautiful gold and burgundy. The photo does not do this chair justice!! The seat is firm, but soft... Love love love this chair. My living room is all Ethan Allen and this chair looks great with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is much better then pictured!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent value for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It is very accurate.
It's not too small, nor too big, but just right. The seat and cushions are firm and can't be flipped (which I knew from reviews). I'm not sure if it'll soften in time, but either way I'm ok with it for my needs, the price and the fabric. The only thing I'd mention about delivery is that the driver just left it in the driveway. It is covered with open sides. In Florida in the summer we have rain every day, sometimes days at a time. Driveways can flood in an hour with little warning. It would be useful to surround the chair in a plastic bag inside the box. Just in case.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seams and fabric perfect. Colors lively. Price amazing (on sale plus a 10% coupon, no tax, free shipping).
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
This chair proves absolutely perfect for my needs. I had tried the leather side chair that was made to match my premium leather sofa, but I quickly determined that it was just too big and bulky-looking for my space. The Portfolio Mira chair is instead rather smaller and just the right size for my room; more importantly, the blend of colors in the paisley works beautifully with my adjacent sofa's cognac color (aka caramel). I also think the paisley's colors would work well with most any warm or cool shade of leather, from darkest brown through tan and all the way to taupe/mushroom and beige/ecru. As other reviewers have mentioned, yes, the attached seat cushion is very firm, which to my mind is a big plus. And, yes, the seat back is slightly lower than shoulder-height (I am 5'7"), but it's quite comfortable for the first two hours, which is the maximum time I ever spend seated. With the quality of this chair's materials and construction, and particularly it's high-end appearance and price, I highly recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Making my comparison by using a side-by-side print-out of the pictured chair shows both exactly the same.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The fabric is higher quality than expected, the construction materials and foam are very good, and the finishing details are excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The 4"-tall. screw-on wood legs are worth noting (and can easily be replaced with shorter legs, if preferred).
I have a bad back & when I come home from work it gives me the support I need along w/ ottoman to put my feet up on. "Heaven"
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good but actual colors better than expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
We bought two of these chairs. You cannot beat the price especially when you have a coupon code. They are compact chairs and are a bit stiff right now. I am wondering if with more use they will soften. Anyway, in general these are great chairs
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good but a tad stiff
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description