This chair is very comfortable and firm. I have a bad back and hip and this chair makes it easy to sit or rise from which is one of the problems that I have with most chairs. The seat height is perfect and the cushion is firm and stable. The ottoman is just an added bonus which makes this chair very much worth the price. Would certainly recommend this chair and ottoman to any of my friends. Colors are very nice as well. If you want a great chair for a bargain price, this one is for you....enjoy!!
I bought this in 2009, and I love it more and more. It is elegant and comfortable. It comes fully assembled (exceot for the legs), and looks beautiful. It is somewhat diminutive in stature, which is perfect for my smallish living room. The colors are a little less vivid than the picture online, but I get many compliments on it. I highly recommend it!
Initially, I absolutely loved this chair. It looks very nice, and was comfortable. However, within less than 3 weeks of light usage, the seat developed a really unattractive separation of the underlying stuffing. The seat is also attached, which I thought kind of odd, therefore can't be flipped over. So my initial rating of 5 became a 1 or 2. Fortunately, I received a full refund, and customer service was just great about it. I don't know if any other chairs of the same make would do the same thing. It seems that they all would since they are presumably all made with the same materials.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are actually lighter, sort of a faded denim effect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor, see review
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate
Good chair for the money. The chair is comfortable and the colors look like they did online. Only 1 compaint: chair legs did not screw in tightly...had to buy longer screws from the department store so all the chair legs tightened.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? pretty good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Bought chair for our new home which we move into in a month. it's very comfortable and seems very well made. Perfect size for our "library" or sunroom--can't decide where to put it! The chair easily coordinates with many other solid colors--beige, taupe, sage/mint, yellow or currey, etc. I'm very happy with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not as bright as picture, but very close otherwise.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate!
The bottom cushions are sewn to the chair. That's crazy. Also the material is and looks cheap. It puckers after being sat on and doesn't spring back. Wouldn't buy these again. It's a pretty chair and colors but not the quality I usually buy (Drexel Heritage or Broyhill) but not as expensive either. Think I will pay more and get better quality from now on.
We purchased one for our living room to replace an aging chair, and it dwarfed the other furniture in the room, so we decided to buy a second to balance out the look. It was very easy to put together, and seemed to be made well. The second one came a couple of weeks later, and it was, in comparison to the first chair we ordered, a third-world equivalent. The staples on the bottom of the chair were very poorly attached and are crooked. It's not really a visual problem (as it's on the bottom of the chair), but the staples don't tuck in the fabric as tightly as on the first chair, so I imagine this will be a problem down the line. Also---and this annoys me---the vertical stripe on the backrest of the chair is more of a wave than a straight line. Since I find boxed furniture such a pain to put back in the box, I'm just going to keep it. If I received a second chair that was like my first chair, I would highly recommend this product. One further note: We had to purchase an area rug for these chairs because they really slide on hardwood.
You never know what to expect when you order furniture online - will it be flimsy, hard as a rock, damaged in shipping, smell funny, etc? Happily these chairs exceeded my expectations by a mile. The color was not as bright red as I expected from the picture but that actually works better with the room. The assembly of the legs was easy, and neither the chair nor the ottoman has any wobble. They hold my 6'5 260 pound boyfriend just as well as they hold the 5'2 me, with room to be comfortable watching television or reading. The low profile makes them work well with the room, and the finished back allows middle of the room placement. I'm quite happy with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little bit more faded than expected but not in a bad way
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent, sturdy, comfy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
The chair and ottoman sit great and are comfortable, but all of the sudden I thought I was falling out of the chair. The screws on the left arm had I guess come undone in the shipping. I had to take the cover off the bottom and re-screw in the screws. So far, so good now.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes!
- How is the quality of the product? good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I needed one additional seating piece in my living room and this one certainly fit the bill. It's compact size works perfectly for the allotted space and its firm seating profits the comfort and support I need. I tend to cross-stitch or read in this chair and good posture/support are a plus. The craftmanship of the pieces is evident in the clean tight lines and well made structure. I was concerned about the colors and brightness of the pieces but the variety of colors actually lets it meld with existing decor. It arrived in one box with the ottoman and was a breeze to put together. Its been in constant use since acquisition in early January and has been holding up well. Definitely recommend it.
Ordered and arrived in about 1 week. Exactly as described. As others have mentioned, this chair is of medium to smaller size - perfect for my wife but probably not for larger man. It fits perfectly next to a couch/sectional to fill a corner. The chair is firm, almost rigid, and the seating is very upright (hard to slouch in this chair). Don't expect recliner-like or plush seating comfort. Yet the chair is comfortable and the ottoman is a plus. The colors are subdued and go well with any earth tone room theme (especially greens, reds, beiges). The red is softer than pictured - think aged brick, not fire truck red. It is easy to assemble and the pieces are light enough to be carried/moved by one larger person. Enjoy!
I love this chair! It works perfectly in my den with a gold couch and brown leather recliner. It is average size for a side chair. It is firm and comfortable. Think it will hold up just fine -- but, we don't have a lot of kids on the furniture. It might not work well with a family with very active people. It was delivered very quickly. All we had to do was screw in the feet. I love this chair!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The red is more on the coral side -- not true red.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Just fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Comfortable, stylish, exactly sized and quite nice looking in our decor. Nothing at all to complain about. Delivery was extremely fast too. This is not the high-end caliber of construction, but it is well enough made and I think it will hold up under regular use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close, but red, as others said, is more brick than carmine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems well enough made. Material & construction as described. Legs go on in a flash.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact.
The chair is a great addtion to the family room. The rest of the furniture is leather and this adds a softness to the room. The chair is not oversized, I expected it to be larger, but a normal size female and male seem to be comfortable in it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems to be good quality stripes match
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Nice chair and ottoman for the price. Chair is small-ish (check dimensions) but very comfortable. Mine is in my family room. Happy with the purchase and low cost shipping.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Computer shows bright red. Actual color more of a brick red. Beautiful fabric.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality so far.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.
The chairs came within a week and were easy to unpack. They met every expectation and are extremely comfortable. The picture wasn't disappointing as the chairs look just like their photo. The ottoman is a wonderful size, not too large, just right for sitting or your feet. We love the look of the chairs in our new condo and have had many compliments on them. I would order chairs from Overstock again...these are awesome!
The seat and back cushions are permanently attached to the chair which isnt great but the price IS great, he chairs are comfortable and plenty big enough for me at 6'3 and 230 lbs. Chairs at **** were 3x as much. Colors are just like the photo. Seats are pretty firm at first but soften up in a couple days. Glad I got them. They came in a few days, $2.95 total for shipping 2 chairs and ottomans.
We bought two of these chairs for our living room and they are just beautiful with vibrant colors. They are not too big but look and feel very comfortable. When guests walk into the seating area, they immediately gravitate to the chairs. In addition, they are very easy to assemble.
I was really happy with the speed of delivery and the chair was a great deal for the money. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because the color was not as vibrant as it was shown in the picture. The colors have a slight washed-out look to them and the red was a muted brick color. I like it because it was not a huge chair and fits well in my smaller living room. It's quite comfortable, but the back is on the firm side. Overall, I'm happy and will not worry when the kids are playing roughly.