I purchased this product in May 2013. Despite living alone with no pets and hardly using the couch, it began to fall apart six months or so after purchasing it. Since it was cheap, I initially was going to have it fixed, but that turned out to be not feasible. While I understand why it would be too late for to receive a full refund, I did think that since the couch did not last little over a year, Overstock could issue a partial refund or credit. No dice. Moreover, when you search online for overstock return policy there are numerous customer complaints and bad business ratings. Yes, it is cheap, but unless you want to just use this couch for one year, you are basically buying an expensive alley display until garbage pick up arrives.
This is a nice little sofa for the money. Delivery was fast (48 hours). Assembly was pretty simple. There is even a little video you can watch before you begin. It sits high and is very firm, but I like that. It is primarily for my dog. I wanted a little pop of color, and this color is sweet. I was disappointed when I saw these words on the box: "Made in China". It's hard to find anything that isn't. But I think that if it had been made in the USA, let's face it, it would cost way more than $XXX for the same thing. All in all, I like the sofa.
This sofa is really just for looking at and my lounging dogs- thank goodness because it can see it would not hold up to everyday use. If a blanket get stuck in the side of the cushion it leaves a gaping hole where the blanket had been stuck. I tend to cover it because I think in a short time the fabric will start to show wear. It was inexpensive from my point of view and that's what I was looking for and the style is what I wanted. We will just keep looking at it and not sit on it (stiff as a board). Dog furniture.
I buy a lot of things online, but I *never* buy furniture online...ever. I'm always completely terrified about even the remote possibility of having to return it (which would be a huge pain as well as expense). Combine the difficulty of returning such large items with my picky virtually indecisive nature and you get someone who should never purchase big things online. Then one day two things happened. I found out I was moving to Downtown Detroit AND I bought an antique orange desk chair (bright orange). I wanted to take my orange chair so I knew I needed to find a sofa that was: Blue, Purple, or Green. Blue is actually harder to come by than purple it turns out (and they do have this couch in green, but I thought that screamed 60s too much). So after visiting the site over a gazillion times I finally decided to pull the trigger. Fast forward to the arrival of the couch: The couch was insanely easy to put together (I'm a 30 year old woman and I did it in probably 20 minutes). The color is lighter than what the picture shows. I thought I was getting something closer to eggplant, but it's probably closer to a lavender or a lighter amethyst (hence the name). The striations on the fabric give the couch some interest, but they look khaki (which I think adds to the lightness). I like furniture that you can sink down into so I was really worried about the "firmness" of the couch. It *is* firm, but I wouldn't say that it's at all uncomfortable; I rather like it. NOTE: I also have room for a chair and a half in my apartment which I *can* sink into. If the couch was the only piece I had room for I may have decided differently. It is on the smaller side, but it is *perfect* apartment size and because it's on the smaller side you may have room for an extra piece (i.e. chair). Even though it's on the smaller side it should seat 2-3 people easily. I love the back (it's a high back...which is really nice). I can lay down on it, but I have to scrunch a bit (I'm 5'10"). The two little pillows suck...they aren't very fluffy and it just looks like purple overload. I won't use them because I like the look of the sofa without the pillows. However, you could easily use other colors to tie your room together. Overall, I feel like the style is vintage mod and I would buy it again.
The couch is a lighter color than I expected. It does look nice. It is a firm couch, not a snuggle up in and fall asleep in couch which is what I expected. It is not top quality as far as the workmanship. It looks great but if you turn it over you can see places where it was stapled and the fabric just ripped off the staples and there is a place where the fabric does not meet nicely in the corner so some of the foam hangs out.
We love the couch, but thought it would be a little brighter/more intense purple. It is not a dealbreaker though. The couch is a little on the firm side, which is fine for me, but my boyfriend would have liked something a little cushier. The couch is a great size for our small apartment.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is a little lighter and less saturated than it appears in the photo
I have no complaints about this product. It's exactly what I was expecting and wanted. I love it. The color is perfect, the material is a very durable heavy texture resembles linen which gives a nice subtle variation on the purple. It's comfortable enough and formal enough for my home. You can't sink in it, it doesn't swallow you, and I like that, but it's soft enough to be cozy on. It's not something to sleep on... unless in a crunch lol. I've been using folding lawn/football game chairs to sit on for the past month, so this is a welcome item in my home. =) I am very happy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect Match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Love the fabric, sturdy, easy to put together/take apart.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This is a nice small sofa. I got it for a recently refinished basement - a full size sofa won't fit down the stairs. It is sturdy and a great value. Relatively easy to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product was as expected.
This is a great sofa. The perfect size for a smaller room. Very comfortable as it provides a lot of support for the back. You do not sink down into the cushions when sitting - perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality. Very comfortable sofa. It is not a soft sofa, but provides great support.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I just got this couch delivered and set up yesterday! OMG I love it! It's firm and comfy it's the perfect size (just as all the other reviews say) I love that if I need to I can take this bad boy apart and restore everything as it came. I really enjoy this couch very much and the quality is just great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is great!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is sturdy and "solid"
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the site described the product very well.
This sofa is the perfect size and color I needed for my living room. I am small, but managed to drag box into house and put it together by myself in about 30 minutes, The color is accurate as shown in picture. Looks more expensive than it is. I really like the linen weave of the material. It is very comfortable too. My daughter spent the night and slept on the sofa and said it was great. Overall great buy for the money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not high quality, but looks very nice for the price it is.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Very firm yet comfortable. Assembly was very easy, I did it by myself.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? On the mark
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Except for one missing button very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described
As soon as I saw this couch, I knew I had to have it. It's super easy to put together, but it does weigh a ton. The only problem I have (and the reason I removed a star) is it lacks sturdiness. Something about it just wobbles or sways a bit too much, but overall it's a decent couch (and super comfortable!)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The real thing is a little less intense, but still purple.
Liked the color, easy to assemble, good size for casual entertaining. Not for heavy usage.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True color description.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Easy construction, comfortable for two people, three can sit as well. Foam cushion wrinkles after a sitter leaves, but shape bounces back.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description very accurate.
What a pleasant surprise! Got this sofa and had a couple of friends help me assemble [just took a coupla minutes] and voila - I had a sofa. The color is a purple with a brown hint - so whatever that color is. I was concerned that the linen weave look would detract from the color but it's okay. And it sits high but comfortable.....everyone that has sat on it has been surprised. It's not high quality but pretty darn good for the price. It was either this or spend $2K on a leather loveseat and I'm glad I chose this [so is my pocketbook]
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. medium quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Darn good!
We lve this sofa, it's size fits our small lounge and it is an attractive piece all round!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent, as exactly as advertised, sturdy, easy to assemble, and comfortable,
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as advertised