Some of the reviews say the shades are plastic, but the material is glass. (I don't believe you can solder plastic.) The lamps are quite pretty when lit, the height makes it easy to reach the pulls to turn on (and the pulls work smoothly), and the the style is elegant. The shades are darker than the photo when not turned on, but our room gets plenty of sunlight and so they look fine. At night they are beautiful. I have not qualms about recommending them so highly. Thank you Overstock for offering them!
Very pretty lamp. The shade is just beautiful with all the different colors.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great colors
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good, but I dont like that it has a thingy on the electrical wire to turn the lamp on. I would rather have a regular lamp switch up by the light bulbs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I read the reviews on this lamp and still decided to order it. It is gorgeous. The colors are even more beautiful than on the internet. IT IS ALL CUT GLASS. It is NOT plastic. It DOES have pull chains to turn it on. There is NO on line cord switch. I LOVE it. I am so glad that I ordered it even though some people gave it a bad review. I have several cut glass (tiffany style) lamps. I have paid $XXX for a lamp that is no where near as beautiful as this lamp. I am looking for another lamp that is as colorful but not as big a shade as this one. I knew where I was going to put this lamp and when it came and I opened it I thought oh my god. It is huge. But it looks great where I was planning on putting it. Highly recommend it. You will not be disappointed.
I buy all my lamps thru Overstock!! And I have never been disappointed with any of them!! This lamp is just beautiful!!! Thanks Overstock!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great!!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good!!
It matches no area of my house, so I've decided that I am decorating my office around this lamp! I absolutely love this design & pattern. It is a perfectly colorful glowing lamp! A gorgeous vintage inspiration...or Burroughs inspiration... You pick the lime and the grapes...I'll pick this poppy lamp from the turn of the century!
was disappointed in the colors on the shade, was expecting to have yellows and reds and actually was orange. Also wanted chain pulls to turn on and off, but it was a switch down on the wire, making it more difficult to turn on and off.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color is not a good as portrayed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? partially accurate
I had to return this as it was too big for it's intended location, & the glow red (I was hoping for an orange red). It just didn't work. If my place was big enough I'd have kept it for another room. It's gorgeous,well made, & commands attention.
Don't get me wrong. I have another of these lamps, the red daffodils, and love it just as I love this one. I just don't like that the description lies about the materials. If these were glass, they'd cost $1,000's. Instead, they're a very nice "stained" plastic. Come on, Overstock, just tell the truth! They'll still sell.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Overstock describes all "stained glass" lamps as glass. They're not - they're plastic