Just finished assembling this table and debating whether to keep it. Two screws per leg, took about 5 minutes to assemble by hand with tool included. Wood is a dark red color, not the light walnut displayed on my monitor. Legs are sturdy, but the table top feels like it was made of particle board. In several spots, the "wood" edges appear to be flaking/splintering and can be peeled away. There are also two small dents to the edges of the table. The dimensions are accurate; it is a smaller, unobtrusive table. Overall, I am not very impressed with this table. However, I love mid century modern design, and that is the only reason I'm considering keeping it -- because I can't afford the authentic one, this cheaper reproduction may have to do. Perhaps I could sand and stain it. :-/ When husband gets home from work today, he'll have a chance to look at it... and if he is unhappy with it too, it's going back. I've bought other mid century reproduction furniture from Overstock, and they've all been fantastic. This purchase is the first disappointment.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Walnut is actually much darker with reddish tones than appeared on my monitor.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Below average quality. Edges of table arrived dented and peeling/flaking.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat -- dimensions are accurate. But quality and color are off.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No
I saw this table in a design within reach store but was against the $800 price tag simce I still have young kids @ home. I ordered this one and expected something cheap and flimsy. Honestly is appears to be a solid buy made with real wood and the assemble was simply putting in 8 screws! If you like the mid century mondern look and the size fits, buy it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Table seems great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description and everything was good
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes