Alas, all that glitters is not gold- From the beginning, the pierces did not fit together well. My husband, Mechanical Engineer, was already angry. When assembling (which was no piece of cake) we noticed a thin crack in slate. We thought, "Oh, no. Can't be'. We put exact water amount in and leaked badly from beginning. Also bubble wasn't high at all it, so don't know if that was a leaking correlation. This thing weighs 75 lbs, comes n 5 small boxes within a large one and now I have to disassemble it and return it. Not happy at all. Worse yet, it is a beautiful fountain.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Saw this fountain elsewhere at much higher price. Will work well in our landscaping scheme. Made of stone. Good for outdoor use. There are more elaborate fountains out there. They would cost $1,000s more.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We love this fountain. It is made of real slate, resin backed, and the color variation on the slate is beautiful. It goes together very easily. My only complaint is the pump is pretty weak, and the bubbler isn't very noticeable. I glued a water bell fountain nozzle to the top of the fountain to add some water interest to it. We get many comments on great this looks from our neighbors. The slate did flake a few pieces off from over the winter, so I may take it inside next winter.
The fountain arrived way ahead of schedule. It was in perfect condition and very easy to assemble. The only recommendation I would make is that due to it's weight it should be sent in more than one box. Set it up immediately. LOVE IT!!!