These shades were fairly easy to install and look good. Note that these are not Roman shades, in the sense that they have overlapping folds when drawn. Rather, they roll up into a complete cylinder when pulled open.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality seems good, but a little early to tell
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate; not acutally Roman shade, but roll-up blind
Great shades for you DIYers to stain with water-based stains and spray sealer. Hang to stain and remove any stain out of the cracks. It does take time but so worth it for a custom shade. I did mine in deep rust for drama. They look wonderful with the filtered light coming through.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
It is hard to find shades 74 inches wide, so these are truly a great value. These went up easily. We were able to put the screws into studs so it is very secure. It rolls up and down easily and looks great! I bought two smaller ones for my TV room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the site very accurately matched the actual product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The shade appears to be a great value.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site accurately described the product.
I thought I was going to have to "special order" blinds for both of my bedroom windows due to their size. I went to Overstock and narrowed my search and there were numerous choices for each of the windows of both 47" widths and a 71" widths. The blinds were shipped together, packed well and arrived in less than a week. The instructions were helpful (with the exception of the additional harware & instructions for "retrofitting" the shades to remove the pull-cords - which I didn't need/use anyway). The installation was easy and the blinds look great and replace the nasty vertical blinds that came with my place. I actually ordered the wrong size for the 71" window, but the 70" shade works perfectly too. You can mount the shades both inside the window frame or wall mounted over the casing itself. I would highly recommend these blinds to anyone. The shades look great, cost less than $** total, a lot less than special order! The shades do allow quite a bit of sun through, so if you require "blackout" coverings you will still need curtains over them. I'm very happy with my purchase.
The blindes are great. They were easy to install and were exactly what I was looking for. Nice inexpensive price for high quality look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great, exactly what I wanted and true to the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. easy to install and and work great
I loved the look of these shades. They can go with a formal look or casual depending on the drapes or curtains that can be used wih them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Lots of semi-custom sizes to choose from. 3/4 the price on on-line window covering discounters. 1/4 the price of local custom order. Good heavy duty cord locks. Valances give finished look. You can shorten these of you need to. MAKE SURE YOU PUT A DAB OF GLUE ON EVERY PLACE THE STRINGS WEAVE THROUGHT THE REEDS ON YOUR CUTLINE BEFORE YOU CUT SO IT WILL NOT UNRAVEL WHILE YOU WORK ON IT. cut 3 inches longer than you need, fold up 2 folds and glue new "hem".
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described
I purchased these blinds for my french doors to look out over the pool. In the past we had sheers over the doors but did not like the fact that they were stationary and did not provide enough privacy at night.. These blinds allow us to raise them during the day letting the outdoors in. A bit of advice, measure carefully to make sure the blinds are wide enough to cover the glass, but also allow them to raise and lower past your door handles. Mine go up and down nicely behind the lever style door handle with no fuss! The pictures do not do them justice, they add a very nice touch to a room. I rated them at 4 stars because one of them makes a slight squeak when being raised, may just need some lubricant on the roller, Would definitly recommend! No More Dingy Sheers :)
This is a very attractive bamboo roman shade. Really looks nice with my light gray walls. The really disappointing part is that they offer next to no privacy. At night with your lights on the neighbors can see everything going on inside your house. During the day they let a ton of light in. I am currently researching adding a custom made blackout liner, which will increase the cost per window treatment and might detract from the looks...won't know for sure until I try it. So until I know how that works out I only recommend a bamboo shade on a window that you don't need privacy. Such as a kitchen window. Thankfully I only bought 1 shade for the living room and one for the kitchen thus far. If the liner doesn't work out I will only be out the one in the living room. The one it the kitchen can stay no matter what. So fingers crossed that the liner looks and works well.
Shipment arrived quickly, easy install, nice warm feeling in rental apt. Color is warm and will easily blend in with any decor. Tenants very happy with shades, easy to open, close, blocks off strong sun light, yet, does not black out room. Nice touch. Ordered seven (7) shades and all match, color and finish-wise. Sometimes you can have variation in colors with natural bamboo.
Im not that mechanically minded but my 13 year old daugter and I managed to get these installed pretty easily. We like how they look and they operate as they should BUT they are more like light filtering than window coverings. Since they were for my daugters bedroom we had to purchase an additional roman shade liner so she could change safely in her room.
I purchased both a smaller and a larger size blind and the large one had bend and crushed rows which when help up to the window showed through. The smaller one arrived rolled up and seems to be in better condition so i am keeping that one for a hall window, but no way would i use these in my living room which is where i had purchased them for.