I make a great deal of roti, which is a staple of the Trinidad diet. The dough which is soft and pliable has to be the right measurements in order to cook on the tawa and this board helps me out every time. The board itself is sturdy and the measurements are accurate and my dough comes out in this perfect circle as if I had used a machine. The clean up is fairly easy with soap and water or even better with some lemon juice and water to clean up any residue. All in all I am quite happy with this product.
This is a beautiful pastry board - solid and well made. It is made in the USA and the brand is called Catskill Craftsmen, Inc. in case you want to know the brand. I just wish it is a little bigger and thicker. One thing you need to do is buy butcher block oil to condition it when you remove the plastic packaging. Overall, I am happy with this purchase since I got it on sale as well.
My counter is tiled so I can't roll anything flat even on a mat. This board gives me a nice flat. The quality is quite nice for the price. Properly cared for (oiled when needed, cleaned with a damp sponge) I expect it to last a long time. The ruler markings are nice, but it would have been better if each scale (metric/inches) ran both ways.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The size and quality of this cutting board is wonderful and very high quality. I would definitely recommend this to everyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
I have gone through a number of cutting boards over the years. Finally I found the perfect board. My biggest problem in my kitchen is a lack of counter space. This board is large enough to cover half of my stove, presto more counter space!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a wonderful cutting board, especially in a kitchen with very little counter space.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
The Perfect Pasty Board is excellent for rolling out pie dough and also for kneading your bread, once you have seasoned it with Butcher Block Oil or Mineral Oil. Your doughs won't stick as much. and you have all the measurement handy. Just make sure not to soak it in water and to wipe it down with a light coating of oil after every use. You will get years of use out of it. I love mine.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly
If you want a pastrry board that is good for pie crust or rolling out cookie dough THIS IS THE ONE
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality, well marked and no rough parts
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
The pastry cutting board is excellent. A perfect starter for my great-granddaughter's first kitchen set. I got it to go along with a starter set of good chef's knives (Santoku hybrid and paring knife) The size is excellent. Large enough to provide a good cutting/work surface. The pastry markings on the reverse are a plus.
I bought this pastry board for my daughter for Christmas. I was very pleased with the appearance and workmanship of the board. It has guides for rolling out pie crusts as well as a ruler along the sides and also a pie crust recipe in the middle. My daughter absolutely loves it and I'm thinking about getting one for myself as well as my future daughter-in-law.
Bought this cutting board for y small camper and used it to mount over the stove, which we don't use much. The quality and durability is so good, I am ordering another for my home. Provides ample space for preparation of mnay foods, not only pie's. The engraved ruller in metric and english measurements is also very convenient.
I bought this a couple(?) years ago and use it about 3-4 times/year. Before using it the first time, I washed it with hot, soapy water, rinsed completely and let thoroughly dry (24 hours) before applying two long-soak coats of mineral oil (made for cutting boards). Did this to prevent foods from getting into wood fibersand to preserve the markings as much as possible. Those markings are helpful! After several hot, soapy washings I reapply a coat of mineral oil. It is still looking quite nice!