I have an old 1920's house with original floral iron banister with mahogany railing with the flowers on the iron work done in old gold leaf. (dirty and I like it that way) This chandelier looked in the same style except the addition of the crystals. I bought it to replace a second floor hallway light. The iron? metal work is just as heavy as the 1920 bannister in quality. Amazing. And, the crystal flowers that easily screw on---it was fun--were really top quality CUT crystal ilke they said in the description. My snobby husband poo poo'd this purchase because of the price until he SAW the piece. It is gorgeous. It is made so that you don't have to put the crystals on--it wouldn't show they are missing, or put as many or few as you like. They are generous in number and beautiful, though! The metal finish is a very believable antique and the metal work is outstanding. I'd would not hesitate to buy this....it was a virtual steal! Hardly anything to assemble but to easily screw on the crystal flowers. Thanks Overstock!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The finish in the photo is much brighter gold than the antiqued finish I received---happily!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Top notch
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent except photo finish color
I received the item and it looked beautiful in the box. After, I installed the item, it looked somehow small on the ceiling and the light was more directed towards ceiling than to the room. Then, I changed my mind and wanted to return the item. I went to the Overstock web page and issued a return. Returning instructions were very clear and easy to understand. Also, Return labels were ready to print with pick up instructions (very professional). However, in the mean time, I liked more and more the chandelier and decided to keep it. Beautiful and sparkling crystals are bringing charm to my room. I am fully satisfied with the product and with the Overstock Customer Service.
The product isa copper base, or metal of some sort with a copper paint, and crystal flowers that are attached to the base. It looks nice when assembled, but the picture isn't representative as to tone. The picture, to me, seems to represent a light of light gold color. The crystial flowers (which you can't' really distinguish from the picture), presumably, are fragile. They sent two extra along. We mounted the light and attached the flowers without breaking any. As long as you don't have kids throwing balls and if you are careful when changing light bulbs, you should be okay. The light looks nice. We're happy with the purchase. We'd probably buy again if we had to do it over.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The picture is lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be okay, but we've only had it a few weeks
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Could have been better
This light is great. I was looking for something unique that would go in a room with a French Provencial piano, Chippendale chair, and Queen Anne sofa. This light is perfect. It has a wonderful ecclectic feel to it. Even my husband was impressed! It takes a little work to get it up and assembled, but worth it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice light
I installed this chandelier in my foyer. It is beautiful and understated. The crystals reflect light in a romantic manner that complements the relatively small space. A contractor installed it, so I cannot speak to the installation process. He did not mention any difficulties with the installation process.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I intially bought this for a guest bedroom, but it was too small, so I ended up putting it in the guest bathroom...it's a fun light fixture and I had seen it at a higher end store for almost a hundred dollars more. Gotta love overstock!