My old microwave died on a Monday evening, and I figured I'd browse Overstock to see if anything caught my fancy. I came across this Panasonic listing, and was intrigued. I then did an internet search for "inverter microwave", because until I saw it here I had never heard of them! Armed with a little more info, I decided to take a chance and purchased this model. Am I ever glad I did! My new microwave arrived on Wednesday, and that was with standard shipping! Thank you, Overstock. One of the features is Sensor Defrost. I have used it to defrost ground beef and chicken breasts, and there were no cooked edges. I've even browned the ground beef with the Sensor Cook feature, and that was perfectly cooked when it was done. My child used the Sensor Cook feature for oatmeal, which was cooked without a nasty boil over that would happen in our old microwave if we weren't careful. I haven't had the microwave long enough to try out all the features, but so far, I'm beyond satisfied. The electrostatic dial is a bit tricky to use, since I'm so used to a keypad entry. However, I'm not bothered enough by it to consider sending the unit back. Other members of the family have called the dial "cool!" and, "futuristic!" so it would seem I'm the only one that misses a keypad. All in all, I love my new Panasonic microwave.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Stainless steel is stainless steel, exactly as I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality, no dings, scratches or discoloration
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dimensions were as described, and features are as described
Unfortunately, I did not have an opportunity to truly rate this product because it was delivered damaged. The Overstock return process was awesome! Just print the label and take it to UPS. Seamless process and my monies were credit back really fast.
This Panasonic Microwave is great. Looks Hi-tech with the blue highlighted touch setting. The 1250v oven is really fast. I love the sensor cook and sensor reheat features -- so far they have been right on as far as the food being the right temperature and/or doneness. No complaints at all with this purchase.
This is a large microwave (2.2 cubic ft) - much bigger than I envisioned. In retrospect, I would have gotten the smaller 1.7 version because I a just using the oven to warm up daily food - not to make a whole turkey! Bur it does fits on my counter top beautifully. The Stainless Steel lines are clean. All my guests are impressed with the blue touch-sensitive dial. My food is warmed up quickly. Backed by a strong name brand - my last Panasonic lasted ages. I'm very pleased.
It took a few days to become familiar with the rather unusual method of setting the timer functions (many of the reviewers have been negative regarding this). After about 3 weeks I am having no issues with setting the microwave. My old microwave was 1000 watts and the increased speed of this one is quite a surprise. As of now, I am completely satisfied with this microwave. I only hope it will last as long as my Quasar did!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as listed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far no complaints
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Totally accurate
You can't do better than the Panasonic NN-SE982S microwave. Panasonic outdid themselves, and Overstock did the rest: great price, easy to order, and swift delivery. On top of all that, the wife really likes the look and the way it works. Panasonic and Overstock - what a deal !
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The Best
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly
This is quite a futuristic loooking microwave/appliance. It fits in well with my other stainless appliances. The Electrostaic Touch Dial takes some getting used to, but I do not object to not having a numbered key touch pad. Still learning features on it. Have only had it about 2 weeks. This was by far the best price I could find, on Overtock.com. My research led me to conclude that Panasonic is one of the best manufacturers of microwaves. The 1250 W cooking output is 50 watts higher than my replaced Kenmore/LG. The Inverter Turbo Defrost has not been used yet. The inverter technology cook feature, at least in theory, is a cool feature that out to save wear and tear on the magnatron. I write again after I've had this several months and really get to test it out. Very pleased so far.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Look even better in my kitchen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appears very well built
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
great product, beat the best price could find by $***
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. top of the line
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very