I was so excited to receive this log hoop, though it was missing 8 bolts. This was the second time this has happened to me on overstock... The first time it happened, overstock just shipped me the missing bolts and for my furniture piece, no problem. This time overstock sent me a replacent and wanted the one with the missing parts back. Too bad they sent me a different log hoop from the one I ordered...... I'm trying SO hard to love you overstock but you continue to disappoint :(
This is one of those 'it is what it is' items. My Pawpaw had one a thousand years ago and we have one today. For what it is, it's 100%. Holds about 1-2 days worth of brutal Connecticut-weather wood for our fireplace. This is a small one we keep in our mudroom, a larger one outside the basement door and the world's largest in the yard, covered. Assembly? I think I read some assembly woes before I purchased. Let's just say that while I was away my husband tried to assemble it and could not. He then promptly threw away the packaging and instructions before I got home. I hauled the 8 or so tubes and however-many screws to the living room that evening and within 10 minutes it was assembled. Zero issue. Well, one self-inflicted issue, I didn't refer to the photo I found on Overstock closely and screwed in both tubes to the inside of the base, not the outside of the base. So I had to waste about 45 seconds unscrewing and re-screwing. My fault and hardly a hassle. I mean is any log holder really 'excellent'? If they exist I guess this is a good example. This is an excellent Panacea Tubular Steel Log Hoop 40" - it's everything it's supposed to be. Sturdy, holds wood, retro looking, the end. PS if you choose to re-sell this after using for a few years, used ones still go for about $** on our local tag sale so a smart purchase too.
Look questionable when removed from box, I zoned out on the word "tubular" when ordering. When assembled and filled with wood it is just what I wanted, right item for the area and seems to be strong.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it is tubular steel as stated
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
Nice steel hoop for holding firewood. For the price you can't beat it. It does the job and it looks nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not the best quality, but it does the job.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate
yea, its cheap, but it holds wood perfectly. Goes together easily. Looks expensive expecially when its full of wood.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. a little on the cheap side
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine