The size is good. Very difficult to put together. Took my brother-in-law several hours to put together. Parts do not fit easily. It's very flimsey. I have no idea how it will hold up in any kind of wind. You will have to secure it with stakes for sure. There is no base to this unit either. I have no idea how many seasons I will be able to use this.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. flimsey........delicate.....special care needed when handling
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair.....does not come with a floor
The cold frame was actually sturdier than i expected. It is a handful to assemble, especially the lids, by yourself but it is do-able. It is a nice size and the lid support arms to raise the lids snap into place nice and tidy. It is a nice unit and I recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This little gadget is genius! will extend my upstate new york growing season by at least a few months. Easy to put together, good design. Will probably buy a second one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It seems flimsy but totally does the job.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described.
The instructions are pictures only making it very difficult to put together. It took all afternoon to put this together. It's very flimsy. The two doors are still not no correctly, they keep falling off. I called the 1-800 to get some help and they told me that I would need to take a few pieces off and to try and slide the doors in place differently than the instruction told you. I haven't done this yet, I just take the doors off in the daytime and go out there and put them back on in the evening. I'm sure this is not how it was intended. In the end, I'm happy that my plants are protected but overall this product is not something that I would recommend to others.
I got two of these frames for my husband as a Christmas present and he just recently put them together. It took him over 2 hours with each one and was very angry that the pieces didn't fit well. He managed to get them together finally and put them in the garden, but he says they are very cheaply made and it the trash men had been around---he would have put them in the truck for disposal. Needless to say, I'm disappointed that I got them for him since the reviewed seemed good and the price good too.