I love this sink. We paired it with a brushed nickle high-arch faucet in our powder room with a white marble slab and the metal tones work together quite well. In some ways, our powder room gets the most "wow" review of all of the rooms in our home, and it's in large part due to this sink. It's beautifully subdued, yet makes a statement. I will still give it 5 stars, but if you are considering ordering this sink and undermounting it, do not rely on the template that comes with it. Because of it's handmade nature, you will need to give it to your stone fabricator directly. There is an area where our marble followed the template and it shows a slight amount of rim - not a dealbreaker for us, but you notice these things when you're building :) Overall, very satisfied.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High, though it's shape did not match the template as it's handmade.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Quite accurate.
This is a gorgeous sink and easy to install. I noticed some other customers complaining about the unsightly hose for the overflow valve. this is a DROP-IN self-rimming sink not a Vessel sink which is mounted on a counter top. if you install it as a Drop-In sink of course the hose is not going to show. I have been using dishwashing liquid to clean it and drying it out with a paper towel. Care & cleaning instructions are enclosed when shipped. They recommend beeswax application to protect the finish but I have not had to apply that yet.
I purchased 2 other these for the master. Over time I noticed the finish was being removed that I can only attribute to whitening toothpase. In otherwords the toothpaste unless cleaned from the finish eventually ate away at the finish exposing the brown copper underneath. Overstock took them back and replaced them ASAP with new ones. My issue is now to be careful that this doesnt happen again, otherwise I would have returned for something else, but my problem was the custom top and hole that was cut specifiacally for this sink forced me to do a replacement, or face an entire re-do of the counters. The product looks and feels like top dollar but my advise do not use whitening toothpaste and take extra care when cleaning.
This is a unique sink. I can only comment on the appearance sink we subsequently decided to go with an Overstock vanity with sink and returned this item. However, I loved this sink and would have happily used it if the vanity would have worked for us.
This sink looks super fancy and nice. It matches my brushed nickel faucet and they compliment each other well. I have a southwestern style house and this matches and compliments everything really well and makes it look extra fancy. I will have to have an update when I install everything, but I am going to hopefully undermount this sink and have it custom cut to the cultured granite.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems like good quality. I haven't installed it yet, but it doens't seem like there will be a problem
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
We put this sink in our cabin bathroom and it looks beautiful with a custom cedar log vanity we just had made. The advantage to this hammered sink is the drain valve...it lets the water drain freely from the sink. I had another sink installed that did not have the drain valve and the water does not drain right away. This sink was installed as a counter mount on a high gloss sealed cedar counter and it looks perfect. The sink makes my bathroom!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate in color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I ended using this as a vessel sink in a guest bathroom even though it should be a drop in sink. I looks fine but would not be great for everyday use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? okay
Definitely didn't look "handcrafted." Too generic looking. Sent back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looked much more patinaed online.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thin gauge and uniform hammer marks.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine
I wasn't sure what I was looking for, but I knew I needed a bathroom sink, and I found this very cool one at Overstock.com. I would never have searched for this sink because I never knew such a thing existed. To say the least, I was pleasantly surprised when I came across it on the website and even happier when it arrived on our doorstep. We haven't installed it yet, since we're still building, but it feels properly weighty and looks even better in my hands than on a screen.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? high
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes