the rug looks fantastic. It is exactly like the display.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
this is the second rug that I've purchased on Overstock. it is always a bit of a gamble since you have to pay for the shipping to return the item (which can be pricey) if you are not happy but I'm VERY happy with this rug! The first thing that I noticed was that the rug's design is not exactly the same as displayed. it is very close but overall, the design is less compact that shown online. the negative space (white/ivory) is much more prominent than I expected. There are a few design details that are in the photo but not in the actual item. Nothing big enough for me to really care about it though... I also imagined the color to be a little darker but actually it works really well in the room. We love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? similiar but more pale/ivory/cream than expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very little description so yes- accurate but not detailed
Just arrived and this rug is perfect. I ordered the 5x7 and the design looks identical to the picture, including the pattern placement. The background is maybe what I would call oatmeal. It's definitely more on the beige side of ivory, which was perfect for me. The gold is much closer to what I would call mustard. It's a warm gold (no shiny threads as mentioned in another review...) and has very good contrast against the ivory. It is not bright yellow (which I would hate) and is true to size.
Perfect for what I needed it for, the reason I gave it only three stars is because I am having a real hard time getting it to lay flat. It arrived in a roll and it is still curling even with weights on it. I like it so much I am going to keep working on getting it flat. (I even tried ironing ends!)
This rug is pretty, but only if you are looking for a beige-ish and gold rug. The gold is a shiny thread... Almost reminded me of the color of brass. (Almost a flashback to the 70s in my opinion) It wasn't the exact colors I was hoping for so I returned it. And just like some other reviewers say, it will need some time to lay flat... And maybe a really warm day.
Even with the gold being more a mustard color, this rug is still very pretty. And for an indoor/outdoor rug it is soft. I bought two rugs, one for my dining and another for my kitchen. They are working great and look really good against my dark hardwood floors.
The color is a little darker in person, but I ended up liking it even better than online. It is softer than I thought it would be (which is nice). My only thought is that it is a bit thin. However, the fibers seem very strong, so I don't think it will be an issue, especially with a pad.
The rug is not plush - you will need to get a rug mat to place underneath. It has the feel of sisal and it is definitely an indoor/outdoor rug as advertised. I am using it in my dining room and it is perfect for the room! The pattern and color is beautiful!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matches exactly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description
I had bought a similar indoor/outdoor rug from Overstock.com about a year ago, so I felt comfortable with this purchase from the beginning. I was expecting a little bit more of a mustard-yellow color than the shiny gold that it really is, but it still works with my decor and is quite beautiful. It looks more expensive than it is -- yet it's very durable. Our dogs run around a lot, and I would expect them to do a number on the rugs, but they still look great. Stains wipe off or soak up easily. I'm always impressed with these indoor/outdoor rugs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The gold on the pattern actually has a bit more of a sheen to it than I was expecting, but it's very lovely.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I love these indoor/outdoor rugs. Stains seem to wipe off or at least soak right up. They're very durable. Our dogs can get rowdy in the house, and another rug we've had for a year still looks pretty new.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Looks and feels kind of cheap. I dont want to go through the trouble of returning it so just kept it since i placed it in the guest bedroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I've used indoor/ourdoor rugs in my living room for some time because they're much easier to keep clean and cat-hair free; vacuuming is a breeze with these carpets. I love this one because, unlike some other indoor/outdoors, the pile is softer and feels good to the bare feet. Actual colors are brighter than the photo, but I liked the actual colors better. So far, the rug has stood up to cats claws and scratching just great (another advantage of an indoor/outdoor). I'm so happy with this I'm back to buy a runner for the hallway!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A brighter white than photo, and a brighter gold than photo, but that's exactly what I was hoping for!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other than the difference in brightness to the photo, very accurately described.
I had high hopes for this rug when I bought it. First, it arrived dirty (the outer edges were brown and dingy). The pattern is very accurate and beautiful, but I am disappointed in the contrast of the colors and the quality of the rug. The gold does not pop from the ivory. It's woven texture, which you can't see through the website, made it look cheaper than it could have been. I was intending to use this in my dining room. With it's grand pattern, I wanted it to make a statement against the darker woods I had in there. It made the rest of the space look even darker.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fairly accurate, the gold is a little darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Biggest disappointment
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly