My family just dumped things in our vestibule (winter items, boots, shoes, horse riding gear). It looked terrible and it was hard to find things. This shelf holds my daughter riding gear, boots, shoes, and our winter items. The vestibule never looked better. The unit took about 30 mins to put together. Two of the holes were not lined up properly, but I was able to "fix that" by using a hammer and nail to make a new starter hole for the screw. Very happy with the unit. Sturdy enough for our needs. You would not be able to sit on it or put a lot of weight on it, but great for shoes, etc.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
This was the perfect solution for a tricky space on the kitchen counter between two cabinets. I'm using it to hold pretty canisters and colorful mixing bowls, not shoes! I think it's too pretty for that, and I'm not sure how it would hold up to heavy duty shoe movement, so I can't comment on the description title. It is definitely sturdy enough and would also be great for books. The price is right, and I had no trouble with construction. The instructions, though are ONLY PICTURES so if you're not a visual person, it could be tricky. If you need written instructions, you're out of luck. But it's easy enough and the parts fit well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was true to the desciption and photos on line. This was critical because we were using this on a counter between cabinets. This unit blends in perfectly!!!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The wood product used (Acacia) has a beuatiful grain, and was sanded smoothly. The stain was applied evenly, the pre-drilled holes were a little off but were very manageable and needed no extra effort. Bracing is fine.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate. This unit had to fit between cabinets so the diminsions had to be spot on. I wouldn't limit it to shoes.
Crap. Just crap. Expensive crap. The only reason I kept it was because the dimensions were perfect and it gets all my shoes of the floor. I read the reviews on this product before I bought it and they were mainly good, except for one and that was from a VERY HONEST person. I should have listened to that one. I'm not sure what the other people were shipped, but the wood on my shoe rack was of the cheapest grade. Now I know what acacia hardwood feels like! Not only do the holes not line up when you put it together (for the price of this item they really should!), most of the shelves were scratched up. But the stain was the most disappointing feature for me. It just looked cheap and might come off if I wiped it too hard. I guess they figured the shoes would hide all that! I was too embarrassed to tell my husband that I spent more than *** on it, much less ***! Every other thing I ordered from overstock has been wonderful. Except this item. Oh well. At least it gets the shoes off the floor. Probably should have gone to Target for this one.
Husband did a nice job putting it together , he did not have any of the problems I had read in the review prior to buying this, looks like a nice piece of furniture in our front entrance, sturdy, easy to clean, nice wood, holds lots of shoes
This is an excellent buy. It is hard these days to find something that isn't made out of particle board. It was easy to assemble. The only thing is if you want to put your heels on it you have to put something to cover up the slats ...but that really isn't a big deal. All my heels come with sacks ..so I just put them in the sack and on the shelf.
This is not really an outdoor shoe rack. If you put it on your porch and it gets rained on, it will be ruined. It will, on the other hand, function nicely in a breezeway away from the elements. It is a very nice looking piece of furniture. Be careful with the screws for the brackets...they may poke through the shelves. It is sturdy enough though that you really only need the screws that go into the legs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems sturdy enough and looks very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Average
I like the shoe rack. It holds about 4 pairs of mens shoes on a shelf. It looks nice and seems sturdy. The shelves could be closer together for most pairs of shoes are not that tall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems solid.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very