I purchased this as a little mail/shoe shelf for the house. Color on the site said natural and looked medium brown to me, but the color I received was very dark. Color was not an issue. The real issue was the package was missing a major part and could not be put together. I tried to order a replacement part and they said it would expedite the request. We waited for the part and received the first of three or so Overstock emails that said they couldn't get the part from the manufacturer yet. I finally responded that they should just ship me a new shelf and I will return the old one. Then they said they located the part. So from the time I ordered the shelf to the time I received the new part it was about 3 weeks. Put the shelf together over the weekend. I was able to get through the directions okay. The project took longer than I thought it would. Hint - You CAN NOT tighten the screws. Or the pieces will not fit together. Predrilled holes, just barely match up so you need the wiggle room. Once we got it together, it seems sturdy enough for our purposes. Fits well in the spot we were looking to put it. A little too pricey for what it is and I wish the color was lighter. It is marketed as Outdoor, so there are plenty of exposed screws in case you are planning to put it inside.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Site color was lighter than reality
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Missing Parts, poorly drilled holes, cracked wood, poor quality directions
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
As with other reviews this was difficult to put together, there were some pieces/screws that didn't fit per the instructions. Wish they can change instructions a bit to make it more user friendly. We had to make a couple of our own adjustments but once that was done the final product was quite nice. Must be patient when assembling.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? lil darker wood
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This came quickly but without instructions. After a couple of calls I was able to download & print the instructions. I'm not good at assembling, but with breaks it took me a couple of hours. The finished product is just what I wanted and just like the picture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly matched description
Love the product, but it was VERY difficult to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very pleased with the quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
It's perfect on the porch holding all our muddy shoes so they aren't in the house any more blocking the door. You could also use it inside. It would be great in the kitchen or kids bedrooms or hallway!! Put some baskets on the shelves and it will be beautiful.My son put it together and had no problems. If it had been me putting it together that would have been a different story. But that's just me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? maybe a little darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice, very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This was an extremely frustrating shoe rack to put together. It took me a couple of hours and I still had to have my husband help me at a couple of points. The holes didn't line up correctly at every point, and in fact, there is one handle at the top that has yet to be put on because the holes just don't line up like they should. For the price, I was expecting a much higher quality product, although now that it's mostly put together, it does the job and looks good.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Should have been better for the money
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
i love this cubby-BUT.... Live other reviewers said, the directions are difficult to follow, the holes don't line up, and there are spots (not big ones) that there is no stain. I tried to stain the spots but there must be something else put on the wood over the stain because they would not take the stain. I wanted to use this in my house to hold winter items, motorcycle helmets, etc. Basically everything that you want by your back door. Because it was made for outside and I wanted it inside, I varnished it to make it look like it should be in the house. I really like the way it turned out. It holds so much stuff. I am just glad that I didn't pay the prices that this was selling for on other websites, as it is rough. If you want something that really looks nice and made for inside this isn't it. My house isn't set up that way so after the varnish, it fits perfectly.
The is a large-sized shoe rack/cubby. The wood is heavy and it seems very sturdy. The staining of the item was not done very well but that is not an issue for me. It would be an easy fix if one wanted to go out and buy some stain to match. Overall, I am pleased with this item because of the size and usefullness of it. I would buy this again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is a darker brown than what is shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The wood is heavy but the staining of the item was a bit poorly done.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The outdoor 4-tier shoe rack/cubby set fit the bill for what we needed, however, the quality of this product was so poor, we returned them. One arrived broken (which was a pain to deal with due to Overstock's policy on this) and the other practically fell apart as we were putting it together. Absolutely not worth the price.
This piece looked great online. But once I received it, it just look "ok". Some of the wood was splitting and a few pieces were chipped. The biggest and most annoying part was the assembly. I would say that I am pretty good with assembling furniture. But this cubby practically drove me insane! Trying to assemble IKEA furniture is a walk in the park compared to this piece. The wood pieces were not labeled at all...no letters or numbers..no NOTHING. The instructions had no writing, only pictures. So since the pieces were not labeled, it took forever just to figure out where each piece went.
This was the perfect solution for storage of a number of garden tools and other items on my back porch. Neatly organized what had been a cluttered collection. The only issue I had was the assembly, which was not as easy as some other, similar items that I've purchased in the past (the instructions were a little difficult to decipher). But a nice piece and a good value for the money!
cubby was basically falling apart out of the box never got to the assembly part because random sticks of wood were falling off when they were supposed to be nailed but even the instructions were vague and i could not make them up when i took a look don't bother buying this low quality item
This shelf works perfectly at our front door as a charging station, it holds our dog biscuits & leashes, our shoes and my purse! It is doing exactly what we wanted it to do! It is NOT the color that it showed on the website, but it works. I had to re-read the instructions, and re-build the beginning part at least 3 times...I have no idea why they were confusing, other than they were. Then, I get to the final shelf (the top one) and the last hole is drilled wrong and the wood split, making it unable to screw it together. I was not going to take it apart to send it back so I used an L bracket to attach the shelf.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it is actually much darker then the pics on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good & sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty good
Color is much darker than the picture. Just be aware, it looks very different. This is quite junky looking when put together. It's a pain to assemble. Not a nicely finished piece of furniture I was hoping for. Slats fairly large so things can easily fall through. Some quality problems- screws/holes didn't match up well. Bent parts on the cubbies and there are big gaps where there shouldn't be. I am good at putting furniture together, this was a manufacturing issue, not a problem with me. Am considering calling OVerstock to see if they can help reimburse me- don't think I would be able to send it back already assembled- problem is, you don't really know what you are getting into until it is put together. Way overpriced for what it is. Wish I hadn't ordered this.
This would've been an awesome purchase if it were only ~$@# instead of the $@#$ I paid. The pieces right out of the package were mostly still in good shape - there were a few spots where the paint had rubbed off, but since this is going on a porch and will have stuff on it, I don't really mind. Many other reviews mentioned that the holes don't line up at all; there were definitely a couple of holes that I had to give up on and just force my own, but 95% of the holes lined right up. There are 6 L-brackets and though there's no differentiation on the instructions but there were 4 of the same and 2 of the same; I had to look at which bracket lined up with the pre-drilled holes, but there was always one that was a better fit than the others, you just have to take the 20 seconds to do so. All in all, I'm thrilled with this purchase. It is much darker than in the picture (more of an espresso color than a bamboo color.) I assembled it by myself, using nothing more than what was included and a screwdriver, in about an hour and a half.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual color is much darker than the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality for a cheaper piece of "assembled" furniture.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty darn accurate.
I was excited to find a shoe storage solution for my front entry that would allow me to sort mail and have a place for my shoes. I was further excited by the description that the item was made from hardwoods. I had found an almost identical item on Brookstone and Overstock was cheaper and I could not find any differences in the descriptions. However, I was disappointed in the item once I opened it. The wood tone was much darker than I expected, and the finish was done poorly; there were many scratches on all of the parts, and the pieces were pretty rough overall. Alone, this might not have caused me to return the item, but one of the panels was completely broken. I don't feel like the craftsmanship or materials were nice enough to consider a replacement piece or another same item, so I returned. Customer care was excellent, so I do anticipate buying again from Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? much darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. product was scratched, dinged and otherwise in poor condition; additionally one of the side panels was broken
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? somewhat inaccurate