The outdoor 4-tier shoe rack/cubby set fit the bill for what we needed, however, the quality of this product was so poor, we returned them. One arrived broken (which was a pain to deal with due to Overstock's policy on this) and the other practically fell apart as we were putting it together. Absolutely not worth the price.
This piece looked great online. But once I received it, it just look "ok". Some of the wood was splitting and a few pieces were chipped. The biggest and most annoying part was the assembly. I would say that I am pretty good with assembling furniture. But this cubby practically drove me insane! Trying to assemble IKEA furniture is a walk in the park compared to this piece. The wood pieces were not labeled at all...no letters or numbers..no NOTHING. The instructions had no writing, only pictures. So since the pieces were not labeled, it took forever just to figure out where each piece went.
This was the perfect solution for storage of a number of garden tools and other items on my back porch. Neatly organized what had been a cluttered collection. The only issue I had was the assembly, which was not as easy as some other, similar items that I've purchased in the past (the instructions were a little difficult to decipher). But a nice piece and a good value for the money!
cubby was basically falling apart out of the box never got to the assembly part because random sticks of wood were falling off when they were supposed to be nailed but even the instructions were vague and i could not make them up when i took a look don't bother buying this low quality item
i love this cubby-BUT.... Live other reviewers said, the directions are difficult to follow, the holes don't line up, and there are spots (not big ones) that there is no stain. I tried to stain the spots but there must be something else put on the wood over the stain because they would not take the stain. I wanted to use this in my house to hold winter items, motorcycle helmets, etc. Basically everything that you want by your back door. Because it was made for outside and I wanted it inside, I varnished it to make it look like it should be in the house. I really like the way it turned out. It holds so much stuff. I am just glad that I didn't pay the prices that this was selling for on other websites, as it is rough. If you want something that really looks nice and made for inside this isn't it. My house isn't set up that way so after the varnish, it fits perfectly.
This shelf works perfectly at our front door as a charging station, it holds our dog biscuits & leashes, our shoes and my purse! It is doing exactly what we wanted it to do! It is NOT the color that it showed on the website, but it works. I had to re-read the instructions, and re-build the beginning part at least 3 times...I have no idea why they were confusing, other than they were. Then, I get to the final shelf (the top one) and the last hole is drilled wrong and the wood split, making it unable to screw it together. I was not going to take it apart to send it back so I used an L bracket to attach the shelf.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it is actually much darker then the pics on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good & sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty good
Color is much darker than the picture. Just be aware, it looks very different. This is quite junky looking when put together. It's a pain to assemble. Not a nicely finished piece of furniture I was hoping for. Slats fairly large so things can easily fall through. Some quality problems- screws/holes didn't match up well. Bent parts on the cubbies and there are big gaps where there shouldn't be. I am good at putting furniture together, this was a manufacturing issue, not a problem with me. Am considering calling OVerstock to see if they can help reimburse me- don't think I would be able to send it back already assembled- problem is, you don't really know what you are getting into until it is put together. Way overpriced for what it is. Wish I hadn't ordered this.
This would've been an awesome purchase if it were only ~$@# instead of the $@#$ I paid. The pieces right out of the package were mostly still in good shape - there were a few spots where the paint had rubbed off, but since this is going on a porch and will have stuff on it, I don't really mind. Many other reviews mentioned that the holes don't line up at all; there were definitely a couple of holes that I had to give up on and just force my own, but 95% of the holes lined right up. There are 6 L-brackets and though there's no differentiation on the instructions but there were 4 of the same and 2 of the same; I had to look at which bracket lined up with the pre-drilled holes, but there was always one that was a better fit than the others, you just have to take the 20 seconds to do so. All in all, I'm thrilled with this purchase. It is much darker than in the picture (more of an espresso color than a bamboo color.) I assembled it by myself, using nothing more than what was included and a screwdriver, in about an hour and a half.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual color is much darker than the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality for a cheaper piece of "assembled" furniture.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty darn accurate.
I was excited to find a shoe storage solution for my front entry that would allow me to sort mail and have a place for my shoes. I was further excited by the description that the item was made from hardwoods. I had found an almost identical item on Brookstone and Overstock was cheaper and I could not find any differences in the descriptions. However, I was disappointed in the item once I opened it. The wood tone was much darker than I expected, and the finish was done poorly; there were many scratches on all of the parts, and the pieces were pretty rough overall. Alone, this might not have caused me to return the item, but one of the panels was completely broken. I don't feel like the craftsmanship or materials were nice enough to consider a replacement piece or another same item, so I returned. Customer care was excellent, so I do anticipate buying again from Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? much darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. product was scratched, dinged and otherwise in poor condition; additionally one of the side panels was broken
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? somewhat inaccurate
Great for mud room or outdoors. As mentioned in other reviews, lots of exposed screws so may not be ideal for some inside uses. Assembly was pretty straight-forward, takes a little while but not too long. Unfortunately, one of the misaligned holes caused a crack in a shelf AND they don't give ANY extra screws and one of my "g" screws didn't have the little "x" for the screwdriver to go in and I couldn't get it all the way in. Also, unlike other "assembly required" pieces I've ordered, there was NO customer service phone number so I have no idea how to get a new screw "G" and ideally a new part #6. All in all, it will contain misc. items and backpacks for my 3 children. In a few years, maybe it will serve as a gardening shelf.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Finish was much darker than some of the pics. More like the pics with items on the shelves.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall, I think the quality is pretty good. A couple of holes are poorly aligned. HINT: hold off on tightening everything up until done, helps get things aligned.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good description.
I assembled many Ikea furnitures myself, so I am experienced. This product is very difficult to assemble - the screw holes don't match perfectly with each other, and the wood frames are so thin, so many of them risk cracking. I wound't recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual color is dark brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good design, poor manufacturing
We love this shoe rack and have received compliments from everyone who sees it... most ask where we bought it so that they can get one too. It is sturdy. We put three rather heavy plants on the top rack and it hold them and our shoes without any problems.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Took a while to put together because of number of fixings but straight forward and clear instructions. Good amount of storage. Shame couldn't get it in the UK shipping was reasonable but bumped up the cost.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate representation
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok but some pilot holes not quite in the right place
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
When I got to step 4, I realized that there are no holes to attached item 7 to item 8, very frustrating!! My shelf was also scratched up in various places, which would have not been such a big deal if I was using outside, but I am using it inside for shoes and accessories.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? was nowhere close to the color displayed online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate except for color
Alot of work to put together but great outdoor shoe rack
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good