I've had my Oreck for two weeks now and am having the time of my life cleaning up the old house! I started with the grout in my kitchen (down 15 years) and the Oreck parted the dirt like the parting of the Red Sea! I now have brilliant white grout and shiny floors! On to the bathroom where it took build up hair spray, soap scum and hard water stains effortlessly out of my shower doors! I started with carpets this past weekend and love the results - stains in the carpet for a good while came out!!! You can't go wrong with this machine! It is a bit heavy but if you fill it with less water it is less heavy. As for the refurbished - it's a non issue. My Oreck was missing clothes and the manual so I did LIVE CHAT with Overstock and they could not have been more helpful. They kept me in the loop with follow up emails and in my mail within 3 days of my 'Chat" were the missing items. LOVE OVERSTOCK!!! It is worth the money. Throw out your mops, throw out the chemicals - this is the future of cleaning. BTW I own an Oreck vacuum for 14 years and it too has never let me down. Great company, great product!!
After reading the reviews of several steam cleaners, I decided to order the Oreck Steam-It All Purpose Floor Cleaner (Refurbished). I knew that this was a reputable brand, but was a little afraid to order the refurbished unit until I read the Overstock review of what that meant to me as a customer. I have used this unit several times and could not be more pleased with the overall performance!! The floors in my home are wood laminate, some carpeting, and tile in the bathrooms. So far, I have used this unit on all except the carpeting. This unit cleans them to a sparkling shine in little time. When the unit arrived, it looked brand new. Everything works properly. The directions were simple and the machine is easy to use. Instead of ordering new cleaning pads, you can easily use small hand towels or wash clothes that work just as well. I only wish that I had ordered this sooner, and would definitely recommend it to a friend!
I had been using a Haan steamer I had purchased 3 years ago, it went belly-up, so I decided to try this one. I am amazed at how much better it cleans than the Haan unit. I also found that the extra weight it carries makes it sit more firmly on the tile and actually causes the steam to penetrate into the grout much better than the Haan.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I love this steamer! I have used others and this is by far the BEST! I had my kitchen grout professionally cleaned a couple of years ago and it did not compare with the job the Oreck did. My floor looks brand new! Easy to use and you get continuous steam which can be regulated depending on what you are cleaning.
I have been using this for about a month now & my only complaints are that it was missing the funnel and it is very heavy. I am used to using the Shark steam mop which is much lighter. I am going to only use distilled water so maybe it won't need cleaning after each use. I like the fact it holds more water. I like the fact that you don't constantly have to keep pushing down to get steam. I don't think I'll be able to use it on counter tops like the commercial says. It's just way too heavy. If you like the idea of not using any cleaning solutions, this is great. I love it on my tile floors.
I shopped around and read loads of reviews looking for the best floor cleaner, this one fitted the bill perfectly. I was so exicited I couldn't wait for it to arrive, it came within 6 days (my husband thinks I'm mad getting so excited about a floor cleaner). I was a little concerned ordering a (Refurbished) product, so I also purchased the 2 year replacement plan, you know just in case! but I couldn't have been happier. It came boxed Ás New' and I'd saved so much. It has a very powerful adjustable Steam control, I've only used the grout and the hard floor attachments so far, but they do a wonderful job. It's ready to use in seconds, the water lasts plenty long enough for me to do my kitchen area, 2 bathroom floors and our family room. I love the fact that it uses tap water, also that you can use any type of cloths with the use of the clips with the hard floor attachment, it has a very long cord so you can cover large areas without having to reposition the plug. Its the best cleaning aid in my house. My husband has allegis and when I used to use the old fashioned mop with the floor cleaners I had to time it to clean when he was out of the house.. now there's no scents or smells from any chemicals, just clean fresh floors, perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? n/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on...
The machine works just like advertised. I had a Hoover Floormate for years and loved the fact that it scrubbed and picked up the dirty water. I purchased this to replace it and that was my mistake. They are two different types of floor cleaners. I should have purchased a new Floormate because I have cats and kids and this isn't designed to pick up the dirt and hair that the vacuum misses, it just sanitizes the floor and picks up some dirt on the cloth pad.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks like brand new
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
Good product to have. very portable and easy steaming of drapes, furniture etc. as well as floors and carpet. Ony complaint was that "floor" sized pad was not included. It only had "utility" size pads for attachments so I had to order "floor" sized pads after delivery.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality, easy to assemble, works as advertised.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Finally a non-commercial steamer that gets to temp, works extremely well at getting a huge tiled (about 1000 sq.ft.) kitchen floor clean without having to stop and refill, and doesn't leave the floor soaking wet. Grout brush works well too. Wish there was a larger brush attachment though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I have been wanting one of these things forever! I researched different brands and read different reviews. I am very pleased with the Oreck. Its very easy to use and assemble. The directions say to empty the water and clean the unit after each use but I haven't done that once. It actually holds so much water that I can use it three times without having to add more water and I have a large kitchen floor. I love cleaning with it. I just pull it out and plug it in. No more going to the garage and getting the mop and bucket and waiting for hot water.....yuck. It is best used as a floor mopper even though you can use it for other things. I played with it cleaning the tile and sink but it takes a little bit of work and scrubbing. I also cleaned the widows-it has an attachment with a squeegee but it doesn't get the glass near dry enough. My windows were covered in dog slobber to the steam cleaner was the perfect first treatment. It would have taken a lot of scrubbing otherwise. Overall I highly recommend this product, it cuts cleaning down to minutes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? n/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
I am glad we purchased this item and it has made the cleaning of the floors much easier.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looked just as it did online.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It looked brand new not a single blemish on the item.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was just as described on the web page.
I purchased this item for my mom who lives in another state. She's not your typical clean freak, but loves this product. So much that she told me she used three times in one week. She said she had no idea her floors were that dirty! Overall she is happy with it, and would definately recommend it to other customers.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? We weren't too sure about the "weight" of the cleaner. I did tell her that it appears to be light because you can turn it upside down to clean overhead items.
My Dad, a former Marine, is a clean freak. My parents have tile flooring in the kitchen and bathrooms, and were getting frustrated with keeping the grout clean. Dad, now in his 70s, was talking about getting down on his knees (just before the holidays) to clean the grout. I could not bear listening to his plans, and began searching for a high quality steamer. After reading reviews, especially regarding tile and grout cleaning, the Oreck steamer receives high reviews on several competing sites; and then decided to specifically search for it on Overstock. I was amazed by the refurbished price and decided to order to give it a try. It arrived as expected and Mom and Dad were immediately looking forward to tackling the floor in the kitchen. The only problem -- they both want to play with the new toy. Well, Mom relented and Dad said he read the instructions and began aiming for dirt. Initially, Dad did not use the right attachment for the grout, but was still impressed by the cleaning effect. I recommended he return to the instructions and find the right tool (truthfully, I think he just wanted to play and read rather lightly the instructions!) Shortly after, I received a call that he was thoroughly enjoying watching the dirt steaming away in the grout. Mom was warning everyone to watch out as he was steaming everything in sight! Bottom line -- Dad is happy and the grout is clean -- Oreck refurbished steamer is a quality product at an outstanding price. I will affirm the comments of other reviewers that the steamer is solid and a bit heavy -- my parents are both strong--so it is not a problem.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Met expectations.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Did my carpets when I received it. It does a great job. I only wish it had a little hook to hang the cord when you are working, and that the instructions were a little bit clearer. But the machine is great and I recommend it to all.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good qualitiy
I love this and use it for everything. I've used it on my floors, showers, cupboards, mattress. I would definitely recommend this. I bought the shark steam mop at the same time to see which one I liked better and this one cleans so much better. I LOVE IT!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, it works fantastic.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Every time I use the product I can't believe I almost ordered the original from Oreck. I would have paid double the price. Instead I ordered from Overstock.com and paid 1/2 price. I love, love, love this product. Glad I waited for it to come back in stock and not rushed out and paid the full price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. amazing quality, especially for a refurbished product.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description was exact
First steam anything I have bought. Steams good and quickly, somewhat heavy to lift above waist. Did a great job on wood floors. Also steamed a door that had hair spray residue all over and it came off easily. Good value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good description
I purchased a Shark steamer earlier and the Oreck is so much better constructed. The tools are easy to use. The cleaner is lightweight, well-constructed and does an excellent job!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is an excellent cleaning tool.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As described
I did my research on hard floor cleaners and read many, many reviews; in the end I decided to give this one a try. I was not disappointed. I can now clean my hard floors with only roughly 2-3 cups of water, verses the gallons I would use the old fashioned way with multiple bucket changes. I add a very small amount of vinegar to the water, even though the manufacturer says not to. I also absolutely love the fact that this product has clips on the head so you can use your own cloths. I bought a bulk bag of micro fibre cloths at the bulk "wharehouse" store, and now I won't run out of clean towels to use while cleaning. Fabulous product - would definitely recommend to anyone, and am buying a second one for our vacation home.
Although somewhat cumbersome to haul around, and a bit heavy, this cleaner is awesome! It brought my grubby kitchen floor grout back to looking new! It left no water spots or streaks on my tile and dried so quickly!! I would love it even better if there were a hose attachment so I didn't have to hold the whole cleaner in order to use it in smaller areas like my tub surround.