I ordered two of these lamps and have gotten many compliments. The look very nice, they do not look cheap at all, and they are very sturdy. I love that they are three-way. The lampshade is such a nice, unique shape. They really dress up the living room.
I agree with the other reviews, the lamp looks more expensive than it is. Very decorative with a lot of detail. Very nice shade. Could spend the same at Target for a lamp that is not as nice. For the price I would definitely recommend this product.
This lamp has beauty and grace from its soft curves to the beautiful faux silk shade. It looks like avery expensive piece of art work. I had many favorable remarks from friends and family who saw it when they stopped by on Christmas Day! I couldn't be more pleased with it!
I put it together myself - came easy to assemble. My electrician husband would have taken forever :) but when its base was wobbly I asked him to look at it and its the quality that makes it so. He shimmied it, but overall - I love it. Its a unique look with the opal glass and the italianate design. The lamp shade looks silk. And it's a three-way, perfect for reading. Again Overstock did great!
Wow! Love this lamp, it is very unique and focal point in our living room. Elegant and vintage look, with great attention to detail. The shade is beautiful and has great detail with pleats and heavy braided trim work, the center post is copper in color. Great value!
Purchased this lamp as an accent piece for my guest room. Never fails to garner compliments.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color represented precisely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
Ordered a lamp to replace one that didn't go with my living room decor. Found this on-line and knew it was "the one." It's absolutely beautiful, whether it's turned on or off. Couldn't be happier! And speedy delivery!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color on site was very close to actual product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The lamp needed to be put together. The shade is made of a delicate nylon type material, so take caution in removing the packaging from it, because the shade could rip if punctured. The opal looking ball at the base of the shade looks nice, but appears to be made of plastic, which was fine with me. The base of the stand is pretty solid and doesn't wobble. Very nice lamp! I'm pleased with my purchase.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description was accurate
I'm keeping the lamp because I simply don't want to hassel with taking it apart, packing it up & the expense of shipping it back. The socket and light switch had to be replaced which, luckily, my husband could do. The switch was hanging out when it arrived. It looks good across the room, and fills the spot (I needed height); but seriously doubt if I'll ever turn it on. So instead of a functioning floor lamp, I have a prop.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? poor quality which is noticable close up - across the room it looks ok.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? disleading
They need better pictures of the lamp, since it didn't look quite the same as the picture on Ovverstock. However, the lamp is still pretty. Also, Overstock needs to realize that some of its items are intended as gifts for others in the same household and the boxes these items are delivered in SHOULDN'T GIVE AWAY THE SECRET OF THE GIFT. The box I got had a picture of the lamp right on it. The lamp was for my mother. I live with her. Everything else was fine about the lamp.